Guest viewing is limited

Final hearing results

Also just add - straight after a final hearing - if it hasn’t gone the ex’s way - there can sometimes be a bit of drama if she feels like a caged animal. Breaches are quite common initially as they can’t be enforced until there is a sealed order available. Or just messing about with start dates or saying child is sick or something. But just stay calm and it’ll settle down. Your daughter may behave slightly differently if ex is upset or depending what ex is said so just take it steady at first. She may well be ecstatic but she might be a bit funny at first. Just take it as it comes.

Also just add - straight after a final hearing - if it hasn’t gone the ex’s way - there can sometimes be a bit of drama if she feels like a caged animal. Breaches are quite common initially as they can’t be enforced until there is a sealed order available. Or just messing about with start dates or saying child is sick or something. But just stay calm and it’ll settle down. Your daughter may behave slightly differently if ex is upset or depending what ex is said so just take it steady at first. She may well be ecstatic but she might be a bit funny at first. Just take it as it comes.
Yes, I have had to message about Thursday day time arrangements. Our daughter does gymnastics and I don’t know where or when etc and needing details. Surprise surprise no response as yet! So yes I’m expecting fun and games for a bit while all the dust settles

Ah man this is amazing 😍 I'm so happy for you Richie, it definitely gives others hope!

Were there negotiations before the hearing? Did you manage to agree on some things beforehand?

Right now my daughter is having 1 overnight a week with me, that's from 2 hours once a week. I've said perhaps it would be good to increase it and add another day, as my daughter is showing she wants more time, once a week is not enough. So hoping in a couple of weeks we might agree to that, and that will happen away from court, we'll see.

You are right, having the right barrister and judge can make a difference.

Is there anything else you have to do after your final hearing or is that it?
All negotiations were done before going to the judge. The judge didn’t have to decide on one thing for us. It took from 9am until 1pm to thrash it out and all done and dusted.

The judge had 14 years experience as a family law barrister so I knew she would get the crack and the my chosen barrister was fantastic! Very very good! There was a positive atmosphere from start to finish which wasn’t expected. They were all trying to get what was best for our daughter taking everything else into consideration.

We have got to thrash out the financial settlement now! Messaged my solicitor today to see when we are going to start this. I’m expecting more resistance but thank god we have a order in place for our child 💪💪

All negotiations were done before going to the judge. The judge didn’t have to decide on one thing for us. It took from 9am until 1pm to thrash it out and all done and dusted.

The judge had 14 years experience as a family law barrister so I knew she would get the crack and the my chosen barrister was fantastic! Very very good! There was a positive atmosphere from start to finish which wasn’t expected. They were all trying to get what was best for our daughter taking everything else into consideration.

We have got to thrash out the financial settlement now! Messaged my solicitor today to see when we are going to start this. I’m expecting more resistance but thank god we have a order in place for our child 💪💪
So happy for you man! It must feel amazing to have finished with all that now.
I hope negotiations will be easy at my next hearing.
Hope financial stuff goes well for you 🙏🏻

So happy for you man! It must feel amazing to have finished with all that now.
I hope negotiations will be easy at my next hearing.
Hope financial stuff goes well for you 🙏🏻
Yes it does feel really good! I celebrated this weekend without having to have eyes in the back of my head and it was strange not being clouded with it all and just feeling so apprehensive. Massive weight of my shoulders. It’s just a time game and just got to wait for things to move forward with regards to the step by step to ease my daughter. She would have been fine but again it was a idea I was open to just to show how my daughter as always been at the centre of my thoughts and decisions. It didn’t take a genius to quickly realise that it was all my ex who was just trying to prevent access. My barrister said to me very early on, this is a simply an arrnagenent disagreement and nothing else!

Brilliant news, congratulations Richie! Thanks for sharing the good news, this will give a fantastic boost to all the dads on here that are still fighting for their kids - there is light at the end of the tunnel :)

If it was all done by negotiations pre going before the Judge then it might be a consent order that the Judge approved?

No it's not a bad thing at all. I was just interested to know if it was by negotiation and consent or whether a full final hearing went ahead and the court decide. It can be better if it's negotiated as a full hearing and cross examination is hardly a friendly process. So there was no cross examination then? A consent order is just the same - if anything your ex can't argue against it in future because she agreed to it (probably under duress from her own Barrister!)

No it's not a bad thing at all. I was just interested to know if it was by negotiation and consent or whether a full final hearing went ahead and the court decide. It can be better if it's negotiated as a full hearing and cross examination is hardly a friendly process. So there was no cross examination then? A consent order is just the same - if anything your ex can't argue against it in future because she agreed to it (probably under duress from her own Barrister!)
Apologies Ash I didn’t quite understand the difference and what a consent order was. I have touched up on it as it’s good to know and understand exactly how things unfolded.

Yes that makes sense Ash :). No, there was no cross examination at all. Definitely she agreed to it under duress and I absolutely get the impression her barrister was pushing her to agree as it was silly not to when there was nothing on me. It would take them so long to bounce back the order updates when negotiating and my barrister said it’s because she isn’t happy about it at all. He said she was far more anxious about agreeing about such things than I was, well of course she was! Like I said they could tell a mile off it was arrangement disagreement rather than any safeguarding concerns 🤷‍♂️

You couldnt have been more right!
She is already disputing the start time for the order to kick in. I was under the impressions it’s right away she is saying it’s next week. Either way I’m not going to fall into her trap of delaying things for another week just so she can enjoy half term with no interruptions. I also rang nursery yesterday to ask how my daughter was as I do every week and she is currently off poorly. I was informed or told about this. Again, making most of the half term. So yes, I’m expecting a few weeks of such malarkey just while she adjusts to things and is finished licking her wounds. I can wait another week for it all to start no problem :) 💪💪

I've been looking at this for myself as well as I head to FH, I will likley ask for it to start from weekend following the FH.

@Richie1989 , did you, in the excitement of consent discussions, ask for a specific start date - you said Immediately right?
Does that mean at court they confirmed between parties what that practically meant for the coming few days before the 'normal schedule' kicks in ?

Back