Guest viewing is limited

Final hearing results

Richie1989

Experienced member
it went extremely well!!
I got a shared live with order and the following arrangement stepped to allow my daughter to adjust.

Week 1 (as of now)
Wednesday 3.30pm - Thursday 1pm
Week 2
Wednesday 3.30pm - Thursday 1pm and also Friday 5pm - Sunday 5 pm. So 4 over nights and Thursday mornings I take take my daughter to gymnastics.

As of May I get:

Week 1
Wednesday 3.30pm - Friday 8.30am

Week 2
Wednesday 3.30pm - Thursday 1pm and also Friday 5pm - Sunday 5 pm. So 5 over nights.

As of Sept school start I get:

Week 1

Week 2
Wednesday 3.30pm - Sunday 5 pm. So 6 over nights and then Sunday until 5pm.

Barrister said once I was willing to negotiate a step by step my ex was backed into a corner.

I also got all holidays equally shared and the whole October half term and my ex got spring bank week. Summer holidays 2-2-1-1

So it’s a massive result and let’s just say I celebrated a bit to hard last night. To top it off my brother had a little boy on the same day. It was a fantastic day for my mum and dad who have had a rubbish time of late. Very very happy :)

The support I have had from your guys has really helped me get through and I thank you all from my heart. Keep fighting!! 💪

That is amazing, made me cry as I am about to go through S7 process to hopefully get my daughters back! after my wife took me down to 1 hour back on June 23, hard battle to date and it has cost a lot to get this far. No Fact Finding hearing, her allegations were pushed aside. She wanted 3 full days of court time to put me on trial for nothing!! I'm very pleased for you

it went extremely well!!
I got a shared live with order and the following arrangement stepped to allow my daughter to adjust.

Week 1 (as of now)
Week 2
Wednesday 3.30pm - Thursday 1pm and also Friday 5pm - Sunday 5 pm. So 4 over nights and Thursday mornings I take take my daughter to gymnastics.

As of May I get:

Week 1

Week 2
Wednesday 3.30pm - Thursday 1pm and also Friday 5pm - Sunday 5 pm. So 5 over nights.

Week 1

Week 2

Barrister said once I was willing to negotiate a step by step my ex was backed into a corner.

I also got all holidays equally shared and the whole October half term and my ex got spring bank week. Summer holidays 2-2-1-1

So it’s a massive result and let’s just say I celebrated a bit to hard last night. To top it off my brother had a little boy on the same day. It was a fantastic day for my mum and dad who have had a rubbish time of late. Very very happy :)

The support I have had from your guys has really helped me get through and I thank you all from my heart. Keep fighting!! 💪
That’s amazing news Richie 🎉🎉.

So pleased to hear a good outcome and a deserved outcome.

Enjoy your time together the memories you can now make ❤️

I really hope so! I didn’t feel like anybody was trying to screw me over and that included my exs barrister. Everybody seemed to be really fighting for what was best for our daughter. My barrister was amazing and that was extremely important. He was a judge in the exact same court room the day before and you could tell he was extremely respected by my exs barrister and also the judge. Even the judges clerk would pop out during negotiations and give my mum updates who was sat in the waiting room. It just felt positive from start to finish. Yea easy to say as my outcome was fantastic! But I do think my barrister and my exs barrister approach was so vital to the process. They both wanted was was best for our daughter which is both parents.
One thing I will say is being flexible and showing my willingness to negotiate really helped the way things went. Like my barrister explained, because I was willing to do step by step it put my ex in an awkward position. If she didn’t allow the judge would see her as unreasonable so she had to play ball!

When we were sat with the judge and the arrangement was being ordered I was all smiles and really happy while my ex just sat sobbing! When we left the court room I gave my barrister and solicitor a huge hug. Meanwhile my ex was storming off in front very annoyed. This says to me that even my exs barrister wanted what was best for my daughter rather than just opposing everything I said just to defend their client and get exactly what she wanted.

It does give me faith and I really do hope my positive eẋperience gives other dads hope!

It sounds like ex's barrister didn't have much of an argument against the time with you, but ex will have been unhappy with her barrister for not fighting her corner enough. Ex shouldn't be too unhappy as it means she will still get some CMS - although presumably not much if you're going back to University :)

It sounds like ex's barrister didn't have much of an argument against the time with you, but ex will have been unhappy with her barrister for not fighting her corner enough. Ex shouldn't be too unhappy as it means she will still get some CMS - although presumably not much if you're going back to University :)
Yes I agree! It was very clear it was an arrangement dispute rather than any safeguarding concerns etc. I suppose there being absolutely no evidence at all against me they had no choice. The only victory was she rejected my proposal for an Italian passport so my daughter would have dual citizenship and I chose not to put that to the judge as it wasn’t vital on that very day and if she still refuses in time I will submit a specific issue application. My barrister was of Carribean dissent and the judge was Irish. Like my barrister said if he was the judge that day it would take 10 seconds to agree it! But with the arrangement that I got he said pick your battles and don’t worry about that today. I agreed! So we chose not to put that to the judge and keep the environment very positive. So that is really all my ex got and I compromised the Sunday over night week 2 agin showing how willing I was to negotiate for the good of our daughter. I think a combination of things went for me on the day and maybe the wrong barrister or the wrong attitude it could have been different. This baked up with no evidence at all against me resulted in a very very good day for my daughter. Shes going to be well excited when she stays over on Wednesday for the first time. She’s going to meet her new baby cousin that day as well :)

it went extremely well!!

Week 1 (as of now)
Week 2

As of May I get:

Week 1

Week 2

Week 1

Week 2

@winger :) 💪💪

Ah man this is amazing 😍 I'm so happy for you Richie, it definitely gives others hope!

Were there negotiations before the hearing? Did you manage to agree on some things beforehand?

Right now my daughter is having 1 overnight a week with me, that's from 2 hours once a week. I've said perhaps it would be good to increase it and add another day, as my daughter is showing she wants more time, once a week is not enough. So hoping in a couple of weeks we might agree to that, and that will happen away from court, we'll see.

You are right, having the right barrister and judge can make a difference.

Is there anything else you have to do after your final hearing or is that it?

Back