Guest viewing is limited

It begins

A year? Is that from the first hearing? And what sanctions did the judge put in place? Cos based on that timeline nothing was sanctioned

Ah, sorry to hear that. I was exactly the same, the ex was living in the house whilst I paid the mortgage but I did remove myself from the bills but thankfully she engaged in the financial discussions, a year later and I've just had my FDR and waiting on my final FDR being diarised.
How did you remove yourself from the Bill's @Jumper85 , was that by mutual consent, agreement at FDA or a unilateral move?

I applied to the courts for financial remedy in May last year. First hearing was October last year where prior to this we were directed to provide to the courts Form E disclosure along with supporting evidence in addition to our proposed questionnaires. The judge raised questions on the Form E disclosure and discussed our questionnaires as to what questions were appropriate and which were to be removed and court was adjourned. Court Order stated the timescales of exchange of information, complete the questionnaires and complete another full disclosure with all associated supporting evidence including house particulars, mortgage borrowing capacity report, pensions, etc. Next FDR hearing was scheduled for March just gone. The judge completed pre-reading before court in addition to her newly appointed barrister providing a summary for the court on the day. The judge mostly spoke to the ex's barrister to challenge their thinking on what was far and reasonable, little questions were asked of me. Court was adjourned in order for us to try and come to a settlement but we failed to agree anything. We went back into court and it was confirmed a final hearing needs to be scheduled as we failed to come to any agreement. The judge further spoke about what he expected the outcome to be and that we ought to try and settle before the final hearing to avoid unnecessary costs, etc. Court was adjourned, latest court order gives a new time table of exchange of information/disclosure and I'm waiting to hear when the final hearing will be.

@Jumper85 I think the difference here is that for the first hearing you had exchanged form E's and associated documents correct proof to first hearing. In my case,this has not happened yet and first hearing is midweek next week.

Looks like timescales are shortening as I applied in January and first hearing is April so 3 months vs the 6 months you encou tired for first hearing, have I read that right.

Now get this for an update and advice appreciated, my solicitor has prepared my bundle and because of standard practice my stbx will see it all before the first hearing even though she has not submitted one piece of paper or form and not even co firmed she is going to be there, I'm fuming

Now get this for an update and advice appreciated, my solicitor has prepared my bundle and because of standard practice my stbx will see it all before the first hearing even though she has not submitted one piece of paper or form and not even co firmed she is going to be there, I'm fuming
Nope, not standard practice.

If she has failed to respond, you just need to file it direct to the court, that completes your obligation.
Just ensure you have the email correspondence showing repeated attempts to engage for exchange.

You do not need to notify her that you have done so.

On the day in case she turns up just have your documents in triplicate, if she has the same then you would exchange there & then.

Nope, not standard practice.

If she has failed to respond, you just need to file it direct to the court, that completes your obligation.
Just ensure you have the email correspondence showing repeated attempts to engage for exchange.

You do not need to notify her that you have done so.

On the day in case she turns up just have your documents in triplicate, if she has the same then you would exchange there & then.
Further after speaking with solicitor I am steadfast in saying there is no way my bundle is going to be forwarded to my ex before hearing or before I know she has the documents ready to exchange to

Further after speaking with solicitor I am steadfast in saying there is no way my bundle is going to be forwarded to my ex before hearing or before I know she has the documents ready to exchange to
Exactly.

It's good practice and very professional to send it but they work for you, it doesn't break the law so its your decision.

Good Job

Which we do and there's alot.

An adjournment is very much likely but for how long o ly the judge will decide and by how much stbx plays up to the victim stress cards etc

Update..... so today was the first financial hearing, stbx never showed after speaking to my barrister before the scheduled appointment she told him she wasn't going to be part of it. The hearing continued and adjourned for a further date yet to be confirmed. Let's just remember, stbx has not submitted any forms or documents at all.

So she's delaying. I thought the courts came down heavily on people who didn't co operate with financial hearings.

They are but for the purpose of this financial hearing still been active, although its adjourned, I'm keeping back what was said

Back