Guest viewing is limited

Cafcass safeguarding report

From what I have been reading, CAFCASS can’t seem to be trusted and the system is seem to corrupted in the mothers favour in a lot of cases. Is this something anyone has experienced?

I have been chasing up the police today in regards to my reports of domestic abuse towards myself and found that my cases where lost in the system as an act of human error and they have apologised for their mistake, but it doesn’t take away the fact that their bungling has had a detrimental effect on the beginning of the court hearing leaving my ex in a very advantageous stance and me fighting and scrapping from the start.

I feel so sorry for my daughter, She is living in a house where the perception of men isn't a healthy one. My ex partner was physically abused as a child by her dad and I fear she is projecting her own father issues onto our daughter and using her as a vessel for her own pain from her past.

It is absolutely criminal that these people have the power and dictatorship properties to make decisions for children who do not have the ability to choose for themselves. The are not trophies to be used, they are living human beings who have just as many rights as we do.
I was going to ask about her history.
Have you watched any Karen Wood Woodall videos on YouTube? Or read her blog?
She's very good at describing PA and its causes.

From what I have been reading, CAFCASS can’t seem to be trusted and the system is seem to corrupted in the mothers favour in a lot of cases. Is this something anyone has experienced?
Not always.
In my partners case they're better than local childrens services and have contradicted the exs DV allegations.

Yeah cafcass support the woman in most cases. To be fair it's all the same, DA amongst other accusations so they have to protect the child before all allegations are proven or disproven. In the mean time you don't get to see your kids until the ex is seen a liar.

does not ask about her father and is said to be doing well since her time with her father was ceased
This is what ex told cafcass, its like they all "copy & paste" each others advice. I got on the daughters school App and her behaviour had fell into chaos since. I was not around anymore

she was given free will to destroy her life

no one took any notice whatsoever even with my evidence

I was going to ask about her history.
Have you watched any Karen Wood Woodall videos on YouTube? Or read her blog?
She's very good at describing PA and its causes.
Is it worth bringing up her past issues with her father when this goes to court or not? I’ll have to check her out, thank you for the advice!

Yeah cafcass support the woman in most cases. To be fair it's all the same, DA amongst other accusations so they have to protect the child before all allegations are proven or disproven. In the mean time you don't get to see your kids until the ex is seen a liar.
It’s an absolute scandal, to make up such claims just to stop the father seeing their child and breaking that relationship that was forged over years and broken in weeks. How these professional organisations can’t see what is happening when the rest of the world can is beyond me

This is what ex told cafcass, its like they all "copy & paste" each others advice. I got on the daughters school App and her behaviour had fell into chaos since. I was not around anymore

she was given free will to destroy her life

no one took any notice whatsoever even with my evidence
I have so much evidence to prove I was the one actually being abused by my ex partner and no one seems interested. All the fuss and care is around my ex

Is it worth bringing up her past issues with her father when this goes to court or not? I’ll have to check her out, thank you for the advice!
I'm not sure. You could mention it in a cafcass interview maybe. Something like "I know Ms ex has a difficult history with her own father, so this may be influencing her behaviour now".
My partner has mentioned to cafcass and a therapist related to the case about the exs mother being the cause of the issues.
They don't have time to delve into it.
But, saying that, on recent court paper work it was mentioned that my partner believes the ex and her mother continue to negatively influence the children.

I'm not sure. You could mention it in a cafcass interview maybe. Something like "I know Ms ex has a difficult history with her own father, so this may be influencing her behaviour now".
My partner has mentioned to cafcass and a therapist related to the case about the exs mother being the cause of the issues.
They don't have time to delve into it.
But, saying that, on recent court paper work it was mentioned that my partner believes the ex and her mother continue to negatively influence the children.
This is what concerns me, I do not want my ex and her mother portraying how they see men on to our daughter. Just because there are no males on my ex's side of the family doesn't mean they can make out all men are bad. She has plenty of males on my side of the family that one day along with the rest of her extended family she will meet. me ex even told me that our daughter only has one grand parent and that my family do not exist to her

I hear ya.
My partners ex similar.
She's succeeded in getting their daughter terrified of dad. The exs step dad is a shell of a man. Dad's side is good male role models. Mothers side nothing.

It just feels like one long nightmare with no end in sight, everything is geared for the mothers to succeed, whilst they hold all the cards and the children the lives of the fathers are ruined ( sometimes beyond repair )

It just feels like one long nightmare with no end in sight, everything is geared for the mothers to succeed, whilst they hold all the cards and the children the lives of the fathers are ruined ( sometimes beyond repair )
That's exactly what it is.

This site does a great job, gives good advice and is very positive about possible legal outcomes. If you get to see your kid second weekends and half holidays then that's a win.

However, if you have a hostile ex who's prepared to make false allegations or refuse contact or alienate your child, you face years of banging you head against a wall. Cafcass and the court DO NOT DO WHAT THEY CLAIM.

CAOs are useless if mum ignores them. PA is ignored. Mothers are allowed to abuse with impunity.

However good a father you are, they do not care. They do not care for the welfare of the children. They will not support modern fathers.

Before you waste the next fifteen years of your life, consider how insane your ex is. As it is that, more than anything else which will dictate the outcome.

I hate to say it, but having been through it, and seen others do the same, consider walking away for your own good.

I know it seems wrong and we love our children and all the rest. But the fact is this system will support an insane mother to destroy you and the kids. I'm sorry this is the way it is and am not offering this lightly at all. It just needs to be said before you start this journey.

We are on the same page Jimi. At points I agree with you totally. I don't think I could ever walk away though. You are further down the line than me. Mine is 8. In 8 years time, who knows? I just hope to be remembered. If my ex continues, I'll do well to be any more than a memory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do the family courts stand on Post Separation Abuse? As there is evidence to prove that my ex has been using our daughter as a weapon, making me choose between our daughter and my family, telling me that my daughter is going to be distraught when she is older knowing I put her last, stating that if I choose my family I’ll never see my children, she and her mum asked me for money on the Tuesday and after receiving money from me I was arrested on the Friday.

There are even more examples, but how relevant will they be?

Judges can determine that an ex is using the children as a weapon. It's more effective if a Barrister tells a Judge that.

That's exactly what it is.

This site does a great job, gives good advice and is very positive about possible legal outcomes. If you get to see your kid second weekends and half holidays then that's a win.

However, if you have a hostile ex who's prepared to make false allegations or refuse contact or alienate your child, you face years of banging you head against a wall. Cafcass and the court DO NOT DO WHAT THEY CLAIM.

CAOs are useless if mum ignores them. PA is ignored. Mothers are allowed to abuse with impunity.

However good a father you are, they do not care. They do not care for the welfare of the children. They will not support modern fathers.

Before you waste the next fifteen years of your life, consider how insane your ex is. As it is that, more than anything else which will dictate the outcome.

I hate to say it, but having been through it, and seen others do the same, consider walking away for your own good.

I know it seems wrong and we love our children and all the rest. But the fact is this system will support an insane mother to destroy you and the kids. I'm sorry this is the way it is and am not offering this lightly at all. It just needs to be said before you start this journey.
I think many of us have considered giving up at various times, but when you love your kids you fight for them and don't want to abandon them. Then they will believe that everything the ex said is true.

The system is bad - we try and help people negotiate that system and avoid the pitfalls. There is no way I could have walked away and left my son with an ex capable of such things.

I think the main issue is lack of funding for necessary lawyers and professional reports. The system is geared to lawyers being adversarial. There have been a lot of success stories and good outcomes - if you tread carefully.

Back