Guest viewing is limited

Urgent opinions please.. C1(A) or not when filing C100

AmIAStepMumNow

HI All,

We need to urgently file our C100 as things have ramped up and got very hostile with my partners Ex.. so want to get the C100 in ASAP.
One question relate to abuse, additions, welfare concerns.
If we tick YES we have to file an additional form C1(A)

My partner suffered emotional and psychological abuse and coercive controlling behaviour during the marriage.
Since divorce it has been pretty much just coercive and controlling
His Daughter has been on receiving end of one aggressive outburst from Mum... but even if we divulge all the smaller stuff and psychological stuff going on now - I doubt any of it will ever meet the threshold for welfare assessment to take place and certainly daughter will not be removed from Mum (nor is that what we would necessarily want at this stage).

Do we file C1A or not?
Ive read here that it can do more harm than good - especially for Dads.. and CAFCASS assume Mum is innocent and Dad is being vindicitve

Not all incidents can be evidenced.
But Mum did dye her daughters hair aged 5 with peroxide bleach at home
She did tell her she could have a cat and took her to cat shelter to see the cats and after one was chosen told her she couldn't.
etc
etc

My gut is telling me we shouldn't raise this stuff... as unlikely it will ever come to anything. and could backfire
any tips?

thanks Resolute... My gut was telling us to not file C1A and I think this thread confirms that for me... We want a swift conclusion to the C100 and not years of counter allegations.... that are hard to evidence.

If there is abuse against the child as well - eg emotional harm, it can be worth submitting a C1A but only if you have evidence attached - eg a social worker report. Without evidence it will just be seen as mud slinging. They tend to ignore abuse of a Dad and yes it will be seen as an allegation.

Best strategy is to be the calm, child focused parent, who doesn't make allegations and let the ex dig herself a bigger and bigger hole and show herself up until it's quite clear to all that she is the problem.

Thank you
Sounds advice and after seeing some comments here it is the conclusion we have come to this evening too
The ex is pretty good at digging all by herself too

Back