Guest viewing is limited

Urgent - First NMO Hearing Tomorrow

Police didnt convict me of anything, she for sure got legal aid regardless i dont know how.

what is CA hearing?
Legal Aid isn't that easy to get these days, you wont simply get it with an accusation.
If you think she has got Legal Aid from an untrue accusation you can challenge it.

You need to raise it to the NM hearing the accusation is untrue and being made to thwart your Family Court, i would raise the fact why she is allowed Legal Aid to make the application too when you have never been convicted, arrested for any incident.

I did my NM application against my ex myself, she turned up with a solicitor that cost her £3k who quite frankly was an idiot and i ran rings round her.

CA, Child Arrangement, its what you will get from your C100 application.

CA - child arrangement as in CAO , child arrangement order - for which you submit your C100. Turn up about 20-30 minutes earlier, the court staff will direct you to where to wait, expect the solicitor from the other side to saunter over as the case is about to be heard, to sound you out for an undertaking , listen, but don't agree to anything, see what happens in court first.

undertaking wasnt an option as judge explained to me, judge said "either expect the nmo on no admission basis or contest the nmo, in either case nmo will stay and it'll take good few months for final hearing." he further explained where there is accusation of violence they wont allow undertakings.

i ended up accepting it on no-admission basis as simply dont want the hassle of further nmo hearing as i am not interested to contact my wife anymore, i need to reserve my energy and resources for upcoming CAO and financial battles.

I did ask for a variation in order which after a long debate and even after strongly objected from my ex and her solicitor was accepted which i am really happy about.

thats the benefit of representing yourself, my variation request was denied three times by judge and ex and her solicitor, but i stood to my points and ended up convincing the judge, a solicitor wouldn't go that far

Last edited:
undertaking wasnt an option as judge explained to me, judge said "either expect the nmo on no admission basis or contest the nmo, in either case nmo will stay and it'll take good few months for final hearing." he further explained where there is accusation of violence they wont allow undertakings.

i ended up accepting it on no-admission basis as simply dont want the hassle of further nmo hearing as i am not interested to contact my wife anymore, i need to reserve my energy and resources for upcoming CAO and financial battles.

I did ask for a variation in order which after a long debate and even after strongly objected from my ex and her solicitor was accepted which i am really happy about.
just bear in mind, that the power of arrest remains. Do what the NMO tells you to do, and don't so anything it forbids. Think about keeping a daily diary - to remind yourself what you did, where you went , who you saw, on any particular day.

thats the benefit of representing yourself, my variation request was denied three times by judge and ex and her solicitor, but i stood to my points and ended up convincing the judge, a solicitor wouldn't go that far
Sounds like you did ok. What was the variation you got?

strange, there was an accusation of violence in my NMO and the judge and the other side were falling over themselves to sort a deal rather than a trial. In retrospect, I had so much evidence to show it was false I should have asked for the judge to discharge the order entirely. I can't help but think that the ex's solicitor knew it was all false and they had no evidence to offer- surely they have duty to not represent a client, if they know their client is lying ?

I had a feeling if i contest nmo i got 90% chance of winning, but now knowing the system, they will find something/anything against me to uphold nmo, so whats the point of wasting time.

Solicitor specially legal aid solicitors dont care, they want to involve you in hearing, cases, as much as possible to make their billings high from tax payer money.

i asked to remove the 150m boundary rule where i cant enter, i argued it is difficult to measure the distance when i am near the family home and knowing the wife she will get me arrested again if i am even close to 150m boundary and judge eventually agreed.

I had a feeling if i contest nmo i got 90% chance of winning, but now knowing the system, they will find something/anything against me to uphold nmo, so whats the point of wasting time.

Solicitor specially legal aid solicitors dont care, they want to involve you in hearing, cases, as much as possible to make their billings high from tax payer money.

i asked to remove the 150m boundary rule where i cant enter, i argued it is difficult to measure the distance when i am near the family home and knowing the wife she will get me arrested again if i am even close to 150m boundary and judge eventually agreed.
Yeah, I hear you, it is a piece of legislation that was designed to protect, but it has been weaponised by some. You could have made a request to dismiss before considering contesting, but it sounds like the judge wasn't prepared to play ball.

yeah i asked to discharge nmo but judge's mind was already sorted with two options, he clearly said nmo will stay no matter what, either accept it or contest it.

Back