Guest viewing is limited

Taking Children Abroad

Jacko

HI,
I have a bit of a strange one.
I have a number of issues with my ex, not least of which is the new man in her life has, according to her Claire's law request, an interest in child pronography but no convictions. It transpires that there is something of a family issue with that which I found out about towards the end of the relationship. There is a whole load of lower end psychological stuff, add, ocd, autism etc, which she masks very well. After I caught her out in a number of lies I told her I didn't want her taking her abroad. A mild obsession Madeleine McCann makes me concerned. I have messaged saying that I did not want her taking her abroad. I court papers she has disclosed that they have been to Marrakech. She has ignored my request and has not asked for permission. I know this is against the law, I can find numerous places that state this. I just can't find out which law or what to do about it. Is it criminal or civil? I am in court for custody in a couple of days. anyone got any advice?

I would drop that to be honest. The court would allow both parents to have overseas holidays as part of a Child Arrangements order. Yes she should have asked your consent but it's happened now. And until you have court ordered schedules in place she will probably continue to act as the "resident" parent and do what she pleases. There isn't a lot you can do except keep moving forwards to get to a final hearing. They won't punish her for it. It's the system.

Just a tip - the term custody isn't used any more. What hearing do you have in a couple of days? Is it the first hearing? FHDRA? I saw on another post you'd just got your Cafcass letter back. This whole process is stressful, frustrating and can make us angry - but the most important thing before the hearing is to calm down a bit and present yourself as a sound Dad who is reasonable and calm. How you come across can affect how things go.

By all means let the frustrations out on here - it's partly what this forum is for.

Are you being represented at the hearing? If not then it's a good idea to do a position statement - I can help with that if you want.

Back