Guest viewing is limited

My Experience

MichaelFlatpoint

Hi guys,

I had my CAFCASS call today and was pretty apprehensive after reading so many stories on here.

However, the male officer was polite, to the point and only asked very basic safeguarding questions.

They asked if I had any concerns about my ex partner on the following:
Drink/drugs
Mental health
Domestic abuse
Fear of repercussions during communications with them.

That was it.

They also spoke about a position statement, explained about something my ex partner had on their record and explained that during their conversation they had no concerns with me.

It concluded with them saying there will be no surprises and to expect the report by Monday.

I really don’t know what to make of it, but am positive due to it not being a grilling like so many have received.

Glad this went well, it's out of the way now, so you can focus back on the kids and what's next :)

Sounds great.

Don't be surprised if there are some nasty surprises when the report arrives.

But, most importantly, don't let any lies in writing overly bother you.

I read my report dozens of time and was left shaken.

A year on I revisited it with different eyes and different understanding of the system.

It's a step in the right direction for us dads and the first opportunity these narcissistic women have to unbalance and unfocus us.

Hi guys, just a quick question. The Cafcass officer said that if receive the report by 5pm today.

I presume this will be through the secure mail system they’ve been using so far and it’ll be electronically?

Thanks!

Yes, the system is called EGRESS - you will receive an email the usual way notifying you it has arrived.
You can then either click the attachment/link which opens up egress or just go direct to egress yourself.

My report had a complete fabrication that I feel has damned me from the start and I am consumed by getting it understood that it was a lie made by the applicant. As a double whammy the report was signed off by a Trainee Social Worker. Dispiriting.
It concluded with them saying there will be no surprises and to expect the report by Monday.

I really don’t know what to make of it, but am positive due to it not being a grilling like so many have received.
Did it read okay?

Hi

Is this just one allegation or a number of allegations/fabrications

Standard tactic mate.

It will bother you, as it did so many of us, but it won't define you.

If it's a lie, it will work in your favour eventually. But not in the short term.

If you read the report carefully, the allegation may be just Cafcass reporting what your ex said - not Cafcass saying this has happened. They usually report - Mother says this - then a list of stuff - Father says this - then more stuff. Sometimes when they report what the Mother has said it can read as if they are saying it is fact, but the important bit is the bit at the end. Where Cafcass make a conclusion and what they recommend next.

So what did they recommend should happen next? Did they ignore the allegation and say no welfare issues? Or did they say - because of xyz we recommend the court consider a fact find?

Hi

Is this just one allegation or a number of allegations/fabrications
The exact comment from the initial fact find was that 'the school have witnessed the father being aggresive and controlling to the child and that the child feels unsafe with the father'.

This hit me hard and I have been consumed by it. Apart from being diabetic and havinf hypoglycemia there was nothing else in the fact find that would have led to cafcaas recommending no unsupervised contact.
In a very unusual situation the school hosted sessions between me and my daughter. One teacher said to me that we are the council, we're a school. So given that the school were misrepresented but ultimatley cafcaas were considering a situation where a father was aggressive and controlling they decided to take this action. To make matters worse the social worker signed off as a trainee social worker.

If you read the report carefully, the allegation may be just Cafcass reporting what your ex said - not Cafcass saying this has happened. They usually report - Mother says this - then a list of stuff - Father says this - then more stuff. Sometimes when they report what the Mother has said it can read as if they are saying it is fact, but the important bit is the bit at the end. Where Cafcass make a conclusion and what they recommend next.

So what did they recommend should happen next? Did they ignore the allegation and say no welfare issues? Or did they say - because of xyz we recommend the court consider a fact find?
I should have shared my situation when you offered a number of weeks back Ash. There are so many facets to this horrendous situation. To answer your question though we have had a directions hearing two weeks ago. Three issues need addressing. One of them is the false allegation of aggression. No court date set yet. I continue to have nightly calls from my daughter and visits to the school twice or thrice weekly for thirty minutes.

Back