Guest viewing is limited

Hair testing

ryan111

Hello

Im just looking for some feedback on whos done the hair strand testing weather it was 3 or 6 months and how much it cost

Thanks

Hey Ryan,

There are quite a few threads that cover this already. I would list companies you can use but I do not want to advertise on the forum. Two tags you need to look out for are 'court approved' and something like 'guaranteed' chain of custody. Different companies offer different time spans and methods. Some are overviews and some are segmented to give indication of use on month by month basis. Things also vary depending on the substance tested for, how much hair you have, whether or not hair has been treated. Prices vary on a number of factors. Anything instructed by a solicitor is liable to be more expensive than what you could find on the open market.

I found out how to handle my testing by googling and speaking to the labs on the phone. It is worth the effort. Read up on websites and docs from the society of hair strand testing. It really is worth putting in some leg work on this stuff while you can.

You need to know what could be ordered in order to be ready.

Thank you mate that's a great help

From what i can gather it seems to be mainly 3 months.

Im not sure weather to get one done for the first hearing. But would not want to pay for one then be told to do a 6 month one then fail

Ill obviously be honest about every thing. Thabjs

If it is alcohol peth is the gold standard. This only covers a month, but it is most accurate. I'd always recommend taking results to as early a hearing as possible. Waiting for test to be ordered, carried out, considered by the court, is a long time losing ground.

Firstly, this would depend on your hair. If you have little head or body hair, then you can ask the court to consider alternatives as hair takes time to grow (about 1 cm a month on average). The PEth test only covers alcohol over the last 3 to 4 weeks. So a good judge would consider the actual allegation AND the individual. Asking for 6 months hair for someone who has very short hair is not appropriate, it would take far too long to grow. The PEth test is of little help if the allegation is binge drinking, as anyone can abstain for 3 or 4 weeks and get a negative result.
So if, like many, you decide to quit drinking as part of your court battle, then great, but be aware that alcohol takes about 7-14 days to show up in hair. So if stop drinking, wait 2 weeks, before you give yourself a squeaky new marine style hair cut and enjoy the better heath, better mental health , better skin and a healthier bank account !

Back