Guest viewing is limited

Hair testing detection time

ryan111

Hello people

Roughly how far will a hair strand go back?

Ive packed everything in now but i think i would sooner mentioned it incase there is some trace as was about 5-6 months ago.. None around my children ect

How will far back will a substance show in your hair or how far back does a family court ask for a hair strand test to reveal substance use?

Your hair is a bit like a biological dip-stick. Because it has it's own blood supply, any substances which have entered your bloodstream will produce specific chemical markers called metabolites. These markers pass into hair, which then act as a record of an individuals alcohol or drug use. And those markers remain in the hair for as long as that hair grows.

The average human hair grows at about 1cm per month. So if you consumed a substance 6 months ago, unsurprisingly, It would be at the end of 6cm of hair.

Typically a family court asks for a hair strand test covering the last 3 months. At least from my experience.

If you're being accused of substance abuse as a justification for obstructing access to your children. A single poor decision on a drunken night out 6 months ago for example, shouldn't jeopordise your position. So long as you're remorseful.

For substance abuse to qualify as an inability to parent safely, it has to be quite severe. But don't let that lull you into a false sense of security. You also have to factor in how illegal substance use affects other risk factors that the family courts take into account, such as criminal activity.

Best to pack all that in and be on the right side of the law and morals to give yourself a chance.

just be aware, that alcohol takes up to 10 days before you get metabolite deposits in the hair. It also depend how much you drink and how often. The odd half a bottle of wine won't show up, but it will if it is daily, this is due to the way that your liver deals with detoxifying the alcohol and that is directly related to liver health. What can be an issue is that the results can sometimes require a degree of interpretation, blood tests are also a little unspecific and are only useful for recent alcohol ingestion. Bottom line- don't drink at all

I believe it's about 6 months.
Depends on length of your hair, if your hair is only 3 cm, you can only get results for 3 months. If you have longer hair, in theory it could be up to 12 months, but then it would require testing for hair growth rate to get an accurate figure, otherwise it would be easy to contest in court. Nail testing - 6 months for fingernails, toenails can reveal 12 months history, But nails, you can't
get a timeline, just an average over time. Segmented hair testing, can show alcohol use per month, but it is expensive and there would need to be a specific reason to order the test.

I would be completely abstained from every thing for a spiled 90 odd days by the time it comes. Shall i just be honest I say i was struggling at one point

Thanks for replyd

Back