Guest viewing is limited

Hair strand test

OK. So you're basically saying off of the alcohol consumption I've said I'd probably fail?

I would not use the test result as evidence, just for my own peace of mind.
no-one can say if you will fail, but another problem is that if you pass, you will continue to drink - then fail the court ordered test. Remember there are different tests, up to the judge to decide which, if any.

So I'm definitely under the binge drinking category. I've tried to calculate it and there's probably since January been twice a week, but could be as high as about 10 pints each time. Then I had a family gathering at the end of February that I drink for 4 days, probably a lot each day, can't decipher. So I guess that would mean I fail on average right?

put it this way - you are more likely to get done for drink driving if you have a home breathalyser test. They found this in France in the 1980s when they were all the rage. What happens is that you drink until you are near the limit, then drive ....only to become over the limit during the drive - get stopped - and it's doughnut and coffee in a police cell. Same issue with hair strand testing - there is a lag

So I'm definitely under the binge drinking category. I've tried to calculate it and there's probably since January been twice a week, but could be as high as about 10 pints each time. Then I had a family gathering at the end of February that I drink for 4 days, probably a lot each day, can't decipher. So I guess that would mean I fail on average right?
lovely and honest - you will most likely fail the testing currently, so don't waste your money. If you abstain from now - completely - no "days off", no quick drinks, no excuses , then you will confidently pass the test when ordered, you will feel better, have more self esteem, the court will be impressed - whether you did drink or not, you have clearly stopped -as you want to see your child - all bonus points. Not to mention, the ex looks stupid and her own honesty comes into question ( as if any ex is ever honest lol).

OK. So you're basically saying off of the alcohol consumption I've said I'd probably fail?

I would not use the test result as evidence, just for my own peace of mind.

No, I am not saying that.

I am saying, you may be ordered to disclose all records relating to alcohol. A test in your name would come under that umbrella.

If you know the test will be negative, there is no need to do it.

If I was going to book one, or would probably be an overview test. Do they do an overview of each month? Or the whole 3 months averaged out?

No, I am not saying that.

I am saying, you may be ordered to disclose all records relating to alcohol. A test in your name would come under that umbrella.

If you know the test will be negative, there is no need to do it.
Really? If the court orders a test at a later date if I fail one myself and I've already requested under my name it will then have to be submitted into court?

Really? If the court orders a test at a later date if I fail one myself and I've already requested under my name it will then have to be submitted into court?
Yes

You can do a home test through a lab that is not court approved, no chain of custody on the sample.

Addition
Please get the idea that I'm judging you out of your head. There really is no judgement in what I write. I have been where you are, it is terrifying. It almost drove me out of my mind.

Last edited:
Yes

You can do a home test through a lab that is not court approved, no chain of custody on the sample.

Addition
Please get the idea that I'm judging you out of your head. There really is no judgement in what I write. I have been where you are, it is terrifying. It almost drove me out of my mind.
Yes I understand. I appreciate all your advice.

I have discussed with Cansford Laboratories about the court being able to access a tes if I do it privately and they have instructed it's 100% fully confidential and will not be submitted as evidence unless I give my agreement.

All court orders are only followed by your agreement.

There is no need to have a result in your name on record.

Save your money mate.

Your energy is beat spent preparing your c100 and just staying off the bevvies from now on.

Do that and you'll be fine.

Nothing to worry about and more money for a top barrister when necessary.

Hi Chaps, just a quick update. I stuck to my guns and rejected her various hair strand test requests and kept countering with breathyliser tests throughout having my son and she's finally broken and agreed to it.

I was literally about to pay for the hair strand test when she sent the email. I have paid for mediation session which I can't cancel now. But what's £120 to get my son back.

No more drinking ever for me lads. That was way too close and mentally draining. Thank you all for your support!

Thanks. I am also going to get a hair strand test done privately now for my own peace of mind to see if it will come back negative or not. Just so I know what to deal with. Based on my previous posts of how much I think I've consumed in the past 3 months, do you think it will just show under the moderate/responsible drinking tier? Proper nervous about the result. But need to know what my actions will be as she keeps pushing for it.
Yes that’s wise if you have the money. Gives you something to work to or out my mind at ease moving forward

Reactions: Ash
Hi Chaps, just a quick update. I stuck to my guns and rejected her various hair strand test requests and kept countering with breathyliser tests throughout having my son and she's finally broken and agreed to it.

I was literally about to pay for the hair strand test when she sent the email. I have paid for mediation session which I can't cancel now. But what's £120 to get my son back.

No more drinking ever for me lads. That was way too close and mentally draining. Thank you all for your support!
Yes keep one step ahead at all times!! Until it’s all been ordered or sorted via mediation 💪

Back