Guest viewing is limited

FOI redacted statements query

Merlin836

Experienced member
Recently I requested via FOI act reports from two different children's services who were involved in my case .
Both services spoke to me with one which spoke a few times over the phone and questions were asked majority of the time in regards to domestic abuse .
Recently I now have via text message evidence where my ex has said it's never ever happened and insisted the services never questioned me about that but they clearly did and it was very specific questioning .
I've since requested the info and one service has pretty much redacted almost all of their discussions with me .
The questions about domestic abuse is completely redacted yet they left in one section where I stated I had evidence my ex family had made it up but to me it looks like I was possibly out to get the family as the context is lost as there's no info about the questions I were asked by the children's service members .

Should the discussions they had with me be almost completely redacted ?

I take from that, that all you need is proof the meetings and conversations took place, not necessarily the subject matter as its assumed that you'll be talking about things that are relevant to your case due to the relationship between the parties. Redacted documents would do this.

Regards redacting the domestic abuse bit, was it just a report of domestic abuse or was the person charged and found guilty? If it was just an accusation or report of it, then maybe they have to give benefit of the doubt to the other person - innocent until proven guilty type vibe. Just a guess

I take from that, that all you need is proof the meetings and conversations took place, not necessarily the subject matter as its assumed that you'll be talking about things that are relevant to your case due to the relationship between the parties. Redacted documents would do this.

Regards redacting the domestic abuse bit, was it just a report of domestic abuse or was the person charged and found guilty? If it was just an accusation or report of it, then maybe they have to give benefit of the doubt to the other person - innocent until proven guilty type vibe. Just a guess
I was actually accused but there was something the accuser didn't accuse me of (long story ) but the service worker I found had lied about something , she even apologized for it but it's been left in the report . I only know because cafcass mentioned it but cafcass have also put it their report that I was reported to the police .
I've never spoken to the police about domestic abuse and by all accounts if it had been reported I would've been questioned and it should be on database .
It's never happened but it's now on two reports .I'm concerned the judge will look and not even question the validity of it .

Back