Guest viewing is limited

Financials - Legal Awards - Terminology Explained

MagicJ

Experienced member
Hi All,

I thought it would be good to list the types of awards that can be sought against you when facing a Financial Remedy Order challenge:

• Lump Sum Order - This is effectively a large payment, either singular or in series, see here: Lump Sum Order defined
  • Property Adjustment Order - This is just the overall term for how Property is Handled, see here: PAO
  • Periodical Payment Order - Commonly known as Spousal Maintenance, see here: An explanation of PPO
  • Pensions - I've put some quick summaries below but here is the actual legislation used: The Pension Protection Fund Regulations 2011
    • Pension Sharing Order - A short explanation of this here: PSO's Summarised Here & Also Here
    • Pension Compensation Sharing Order (I think this is referred to as Offsetting)
    • Pension Attachment Order (I think this is referred to as Earmarking)
This list is not exhaustive & no doubt it will generate its own discussion on the pros/cons as well as how to manage your case accordingly.
Please feel free to add comments to increase this list until we can get one comprehensive enough to maybe add to the Legal Resources or sticky this thread.

Cheers. MagicJ

Back