Guest viewing is limited

Final hearing result

BilalDad

Hey guys,

Had the final hearing. Was listed as a 2 day. S7 author was supposed to attend but the day before court said she couldn’t come because she’s sick. I wanted to have my barrister cross examine her on the biased report because she didn’t actually want to see me and my child together and at the time of our 45 minute meeting hadn’t even read the court bundle or previous cafcass reports or contact centre reports.

Anyway we decided to go ahead with the hearing, but mother tried to get it adjourned because she said it’s not fair without the cafcass woman there. Magistrates said no let’s proceed.

Overall, despite so much evidence that mother lied about specifics, the outcome was to be expected.

They issued a lives with mum spends time with dad order on the grounds that me and mum can’t communicate effective, despite me saying mum refuses to communicate with me and I’m trying my best over a co parenting app to demonstrate an amicable relationship? But they did say that they find no issues in regards to me and my child and have ordered a stepped progression to overnight stays so that by the end of this year, 5 out of every 14 nights he will be staying with me.

So in all, positives and negatives.

I think it sounds very positive! 5 nights a fortnight by the end of the year. Could be quicker I guess - that sounds like quite a long stepped progression.

I think it sounds very positive! 5 nights a fortnight by the end of the year. Could be quicker I guess - that sounds like quite a long stepped progression.
His mum was pushing for a 18 month stepped progression to 3 nights every fortnight so this seems much faster!

Reactions: Ash
Next month will be the first one,

Then in august will be 3 overnights in 14

Then December will be 5 in 14

So one night a week from April to August is that right?

How old is your child out of interest? And is the 1 night a fortnight the only time or do you get other time in between?

Yeah it’s a real shame that’s like an “amazing” outcome for dads. He’s just turned two and as the stepped progression continues, I’ll still be seeing him on those 5 days within the fortnight but just 9-5 until the specific outlined dates when overnights start.

Yeah it’s a real shame that’s like an “amazing” outcome for dads. He’s just turned two and as the stepped progression continues, I’ll still be seeing him on those 5 days within the fortnight but just 9-5 until the specific outlined dates when overnights start.

Congratulations on a great result!

I had daytime only for 10 months, it was used as an opportunity to make me jump over hurdles wrapped in hoops with blankets over them.

With the S7 untested, mum could well treat any negatives it contained as gospel, and refer back to them as justification to frustrate progression of your order. In a way this is useful, it gives you advance notice on the areas most likely to be used as a barrier.

A friend of mine was in a similar situation, he took steps he abhorred to dodge bullets he know were coming. So far, this has helped his case.

I take my hat off to you sir. 🫡

Thanks, yeah it’s been a long journey to get here. Even the week before the first hearing I was spending regular unsupervised time with my son, even though this was cafcass recommendation to continue, somehow I didn’t see him for a month and then was only seeing him in a contact centre for 6 months and to now finally be where we are just feels great.

A bit belated but congrats to a not too bad result. Your son is still young. I was almost a sole day carer to my two children since they were like 2 or 3 years old and cooked every meal for them for 7 or 8 years. Now they are 11 and 13, and cannot remember many things I did to them when they were little, and even said my food is not as good as their mum's ( their mum never cooked until these past two year😩). So I would say it is better to spend more days with them when they are older than now. That is why I said this result is not too bad at all.

Back