Guest viewing is limited

Deletion of records from national police system

Deniz Mustafov

Hello All,

I am seeking some friendly advice, as I believe many of you have experienced the unpleasant process of dealing with ex-partners.

I'm currently going through a lengthy child arrangement process with my ex. Interestingly, I never sought any personal communication with her, but she thought otherwise, despite having an affair for 2 years!

Over the past 3 years, she has been very creative in making my life extremely miserable. The issue now is that she made a false allegation, resulting in my arrest. Six months later, I appeared before a judge and was found not guilty.

However, because of this arrest record, my ex received a grant for legal representation to support her through the court hearings.

My question is: What steps can I take to ensure she does not continue receiving this grant for free legal support?

Hello All,

I am seeking some friendly advice, as I believe many of you have experienced the unpleasant process of dealing with ex-partners.

I'm currently going through a lengthy child arrangement process with my ex. Interestingly, I never sought any personal communication with her, but she thought otherwise, despite having an affair for 2 years!

Over the past 3 years, she has been very creative in making my life extremely miserable. The issue now is that she made a false allegation, resulting in my arrest. Six months later, I appeared before a judge and was found not guilty.

However, because of this arrest record, my ex received a grant for legal representation to support her through the court hearings.

My question is: What steps can I take to ensure she does not continue receiving this grant for free legal support?
I'm not sure you can, now she has it. This is what a lot of ex partners do, just to get the free legal aid.

If that is possible, I'd definitely like to know too.

Reactions: Ash
I'd like to know about this too, surely the not guilty is enough to remove? How would it be executed though? Proven a false claim?

I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. First thing - is that your real name? If so please message me with a choice of anonymous username and I'll change it for you. Second thing - what stage are you at with the child arrangements process? You said it was lengthy. Was a fact find ordered? Or has the case just been delayed because you had a criminal hearing (hence the not guilty?). Or was that actually a fact find in the family court and you were exonerated? Your ex will continue to be entitled to legal aid because she claimed abuse. As Winger says, this is common. However I believe there is a limit as to how long it will last/how much she will be entitled to. But that limit usually lasts the duration of a child arrangements case unless it goes on for a few years possibly. There isn't anything you can do about that on your side I don't think - it will be down to the legal aid board.

It does make things harder if she has legal representation and you don't. Let us know what stage you're at now and if you're getting any time at all ordered with your child. eg how many hearings you've had, what they were, and what the next hearing is (and is there a section 7 in progress)?

Back