Guest viewing is limited

CMS Payments

DB2021

Experienced member
Hi all.

Just after advice.

I’ve received the letter from CMS showing my payments and schedule all of which I’m happy to pay of course.

It says First payment 1st May and Last Payment 1st Apr 25 before they review it again.

Am I right in thinking that I make no payments until 1st May?

I have already paid money twice in March and I did say I was going to pay again 1st Apr but that was because I thought I had to but looking at letter and payments, starting payments on 1st May for 12 months means I’ve paid what I should be.

Her claim started from March 9th 24 and the letter does say that the total amount at end of letter includes all money due from that date until the review date of 1st Apr 25.

I just want to make sure I’m not doing anything wrong by not paying anything in April?

And given ex said to me “due to how things have been I want everything official between us” when I I said I’d received the original CMS letter I want to do things exactly as they have said so ex has no arguments etc.

Were the payments you made this month more than it will be from May?
Is there a difference in the total amount, if you get what I mean?

Were the payments you made this month more than it will be from May?
Is there a difference in the total amount, if you get what I mean?
No I paid what the estimated figure was and the figure they’ve sent is pretty much the same.

The paperwork says that the payments include any arrears from 9th March so I’ve actually paid more than I should I think

I'd give them a call and check.
The paperwork does say first payment 1st May and this includes any arrears etc from the application date of 9th March. Plus I’ve paid the full amount in March so I’m pretty sure I’m okay.

I’ve tried calling twice and you just sit on hold for over an hr

Well considering you're not seeing your daughter (unless something has changed?) I'd make the next payment in May. You have nothing to lose in that sense.
If it's incorrect let her contact the CMS and when they get in touch you just play dumb, apologise and say it was a mistake.

I was thinking the same. Just do what the letter says.
It does definitely say that Payments start on 1st May and the total amount over the 12 months includes all money due from 9th March.

But I’m on hold now to speak to them just to double confirm.

It’s shocking how long it takes to try and get hold of them

So I confirmed it with CMS.

First payment is 1st May.

And the money due March/April is paid at end of this 12 month cycle.

So in essence ex has caused herself not to have any money from me in April.

And the payments I made in March are over payments so she has actually been paid more than she should have of course I’m not bothered by that as I’ll pay anything for my little girl.

But she wanted everything official so I’ll stick to the CMS schedule to the letter

Back