Guest viewing is limited

CAFCASS questions?

UkDad

Hi everyone,

Are there standard questions that Cafcass ask? Or are the questions individual to each case?

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

Are there standard questions that Cafcass ask? Or are the questions individual to each case?

Thanks in advance.
Hi UkDad.

They will have some standard questions but they will just ask them in a different way depending on who it is.

And usually it will all depend on what ex has said before they call you as they always ring mother first.

Hi UkDad.

They will have some standard questions but they will just ask them in a different way depending on who it is.

And usually it will all depend on what ex has said before they call you as they always ring mother first.
I am anticipating mud slinging from ex and false accusations.

@DB2021 is spot on, there is a lot you can find on the forum about Cafcass, whether a safeguarding or S7 visit.

@Ash just posted this in another thread:

https://dadswithkids.co.uk/threads/advice-please.1562/post-21544

When talking to Cafcass, keep things child focused and not about your ex. The golden rule is "don't say anything negative about the ex" and if possible, say something positive about her. Followed by the mantra "I just want my children to have happy loving relationships with both parents and both families".

So for example if the Cafcass officer puts you on the spot and says - Mrs Ex says you're controlling blah blah. You don't react defensively. You say something like "I'm sorry to hear she has said that, as it's untrue. I think she is unhappy that we're not in agreement and I'm hoping the court process will help us reach agreement. She's a good Mum and a good cook and I just want our children to have happy loving relationships with both parents and both families, and significant time with both of us and stability

Hi UkDad.

I would support all the good advice written above.

I would particularly endorse not getting caught up in replying to any allegations the ex makes. But you should think about whether it may be necessary to have a Fact Finding hearing - it is recognised by the judiciary that good case management dictates that a Fact Find happens early on if necessary.

Back