Guest viewing is limited

Cafcass interview of children

DIDDY

Hello All.

Following the FHDRA last month the court ordered (which is what I was asking for) that the children be interviewed under the Section 7 by Cafcass to ascertain their wishes about child arrangements. (I am seeking 50/50 arrangements).

It should be noted that the mother has not provided any reason why 50/50 share should not happen and so the court agreed to get the views of the children heard. They are in their teens.

Has anyone has this kind of interaction with Cafcass? Does anyone know what questions are asked, and what the protocol might be for actioning them?

Thank you.
Diddy.

Hi

When I went through court and there was a s7 undertaken they talked to the kids. At that time age range was 6 to 13.

With teenagers they will probably go with their wishes. Generally cafcass are pretty good at picking up on body language etc. So for example if they are being asked about a parent they will notice if the child is positive or recoils as they recognise kids may be told to say something which isn't true.

In my case I think it became a bit of a game between my eldest and cafcass as the officer realised that he'd been prepared by Mom

Whatever you do don't try and influence the kids etc.

Just to add they should speak to the kids at school. Or somewhere independent of Mom

Reactions: Ash
Back