Guest viewing is limited

CAFCASS access to court applications? (before first interview)

UkDad

Hi everyone,

I presume that prior to the first phone interview, CAFCASS will have access to and would have already read the applicant and respondent court applications and statements, plus any social services reports, NMO's etc?

Thanks.

They will have definitely read the C100 application.

I believe the rest of it is part of the followup checks I.e. Police , Local Authority.

I'm not 100% on this like NMO as that is already in the court system and they may/ may not have access to this.

This is only my experience

Cafcass spoke to me after reading and hearing my ex's take on things. When I spoke to them, they struggled to imagine another perspective was possible.

I failed to do as I should have. If I could go back, I would speak with no regard for the prejudice they brought to the conversation. Luckily, my responses were fairly neutral. I focussed on my ex more than I should have. What I said, was reported from my ex's perspective. The letter was written as though measured statements from me were the admissions of an alcoholic. I challenged and got the letter revised.

In short, do not assume anything. Present yourself as though they have swallowed all of your ex's lies whole. Focus on providing an alternative, rather than driving home your correction.

Again!

Just my experience.

This is only my experience

Cafcass spoke to me after reading and hearing my ex's take on things. When I spoke to them, they struggled to imagine another perspective was possible.

I failed to do as I should have. If I could go back, I would speak with no regard for the prejudice they brought to the conversation. Luckily, my responses were fairly neutral. I focussed on my ex more than I should have. What I said, was reported from my ex's perspective. The letter was written as though measured statements from me were the admissions of an alcoholic. I challenged and got the letter revised.

In short, do not assume anything. Present yourself as though they have swallowed all of your ex's lies whole. Focus on providing an alternative, rather than driving home your correction.

Again!

Just my experience.

@Resolute were you able to get the Cafcass letter/report revised before the first hearing?

Back