Guest viewing is limited

C100 outcome statistics

Roblox

Experienced member
Staff member
Hi

Does anyone have or know of statistics surrounding the outcomes of court applications.

Like a percentage that got a court order, what that looked like time wise etc.

Say over a period of a year or two.

Is there any research on this

There are some statistics somewhere - I'll see if I can find them. Off the top of my head I believe the vast majority of applications get a good order. A small amount will get an order that might be indirect only. And from what I can remember the statistics are very good for initial applications but absolutely terrible for enforcements. Hence it can be better to apply to vary rather than enforce.

The "standard" schedule is usually every other week-end, a midweek night and half the school holidays (ie 4 nights a fortnight) but there are many more 50/50 orders than there used to be.

I can't seem to pick out court results or orders issued from any of the Family Court or MoJ statistics, Unless my eye's aren't working:

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/family-court-statistics-quarterly

https://www.gov.uk/government/stati...to-june-2021/guide-to-family-court-statistics

https://data.justice.gov.uk/courts/family-courts/

Failing the above, a Freedom of Information request to the Ministry of Justice would be interesting. This is an area I work closely with. It's strange that this information isn't with the above. I would bet my bottom Dollar they would get their legals to find a justification for non-disclosure:

Email FOI request: [email protected]

I'll keep looking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ash
The Government portals like to use the term "disposed" to describe when a judgement is signed. A very general term that means a case has reached its conclusion. But not an exact figure of orders awarded.

Children Act - Private Law -

"There were 13,537 new private law applications made in April to June 2022, down 7% on the equivalent quarter in 2021, with 20,183 individual children involved in these applications. The number of private law disposals in April to June 2022 was 26,924, down 16% on the equivalent quarter in 2021."

Timeliness of Private law cases -

"In April to June 2022, it took on average 46 weeks (that's 10.5 months) for private law cases to reach a final order, i.e. case closure, up 6 weeks from the same period in 2021 and the highest value in the series we publish. This continues the upward trend seen since the middle of 2016, where the number of new cases overtook the number of disposals."

Cases with legal representation take longer on average -

"In general, cases where either both parties or the respondent only had legal representation took longer to be disposed of than those cases where only the applicant was represented or where both parties were without legal representation." :oops:

I found this flowchart interesting. Especially the bottom box considering risk and conflict. https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Private-Law-Flowchart.pdf

Last edited:
Yes that flowchart is very interesting - also complicated!

Hi

Does anyone have or know of statistics surrounding the outcomes of court applications.

Like a percentage that got a court order, what that looked like time wise etc.

Say over a period of a year or two.

Is there any research on this
I asked on Twitter and got a number of annoyed and somewhat bitter responses:

"A legal system that doesn't check it's outcomes is useless"

"No. The only way the family law scam works is to not be accountable"

"FOI's show that MOJ doesn't collate that information "Would have to review each order" etc. Cost prohibitive. Cafcass doesn't collate it either". (FOI being Freedom of Information you mentioned Kyle).

"A legal system that doesn't check it's outcomes is useless." Can't argue with that!

I fail to see where the cost incurring extra admin or overhead is involved when the disposals data is already being collated. Just add the order given to the disposal data. This is somewhat sinister! What's the agenda here?

Back