Guest viewing is limited

At what stage order drug testing

ryan111

Hi!

I have previous issues with drugs unfortunately a week before the court case I have relapse. There is no concerns raised by my ex and the cafcass report does not say any thing about drug testing. I've went back into a recovery program to go back to be tottoal

Should I raise this with cafcass and if they order a test (if they do) at what stage will it be thank you

Mike.

If you do not have good reason to believe that Cafcass will find this out independently. I see no benefit to raising the issue with them.

So long as you are totally confident the lapse will not continue and drug use will not impact your ability to parent the child. Put it behind you. It is the future that matters, not the past.

No it was a first lapse in a long time I know now I cannot ever drink again as this is when bad choices are made via drugs

Will they order one based on previous.. Ex has not said I'm a risk as she knows I'm not and didn't Reccomend one in there first cafcass letter to court

Cafcass cannot order anything, they only make recommendations.

You should be careful about records created by medics and other professionals. There is a possibility you will have to provide disclosure to the court at some point. Engagement with a recovery service through your GP or Local Authority may come to light if your ex decides to make allegations.

She's made no aligation to cafcass about cafcass. Said she wishes me to have the children. Cafcass has Reccomended Intrim contact aswell as being able to have them at my parents for weekends away. It does state that I've had issues in the past and could cause problems if still using but they haven't Reccomended any thing related to test ect. But they have said about a section 7

I'm such a idiot I feel horrible but in retrospective I now know I need to fully commit to being t total.

Will cafcass ask again about the drug problems in the past. And do they normally order a test at the first hearing

My ex again has raised no concerns and wants me to spend time with the children thanks

They might ask.

I wouldn't worry about ifs and buts mate. A big mantra of mine is to control the controllables.

You freely admit to having an issue and that's something in your control. Owning that is admirable and managing it even more so.

If you have an ex partner who is supporting your role as a father I would be doing everything in my control not to abuse or take that for granted.

If there have been no concerns raised about substance abuse then I would be almost certain that the courts will not order one. If you make it an issue either by admission or your own choices, then the consequences will be yours to own too.

My advice remains the same, loose lips sink ships.

They might ask.

I wouldn't worry about ifs and buts mate. A big mantra of mine is to control the controllables.

You freely admit to having an issue and that's something in your control. Owning that is admirable and managing it even more so.

If you have an ex partner who is supporting your role as a father I would be doing everything in my control not to abuse or take that for granted.

If there have been no concerns raised about substance abuse then I would be almost certain that the courts will not order one. If you make it an issue either by admission or your own choices, then the consequences will be yours to own too.

My advice remains the same, loose lips sink ships.
I certain it's a one off and a lesson learned pal. I know once I'm back into recovery it won't happen again.

Do you know much about a court undertaking.. I would like to suggest that to the court weather it be urine test or any thing that shows I will abstinence completely from alcohol and drugs.
Thanks

Why even bring it up?

The only person you need to prove you can abstain from alcohol, at the moment, is you.

I'd keep it that way.

I'm worried because I don't want to say I'll be be negative on a test and them order one and been seen as Im lying

One might not even be ordered. You have said that your ex doesn't see you as a risk. Cafcass haven't recommended anything either.

Just focus on what's in front of you right now, try not to worry about the unpredictable future.

What stage are you at with your case?

Last edited by a moderator:
One might not even be ordered. You have said that your ex doesn't see you as a risk. Cafcass haven't recommended anything either.

Just focus on what's in front of you right now, try not to worry about the unpredictable future.

What stage are you at with your case?
This is the first hearing mate next week.

I wouldn't worry about it for now. Are you legally represented or self representing?

Did you have a safeguarding call with Cafcass?

Have you had a safeguarding call with Cafcass?

Yeah I've had the safeguarding call and report. They Reccomend contact and a section 7 they do mention drugs but when I told them I hadn't used in 7 months they just stated in report I told them this.

Try not to worry about it. They have recommended contact and there is no mention of a drug test. if they seen this as a safeguarding risk they wouldn't recommend any contact and would recommend a drug test first.

At the FHDRA they might not even order one, you have been honest with them.

Try not to worry about it. They have recommended contact and there is no mention of a drug test. if they seen this as a safeguarding risk they wouldn't recommend any contact and would recommend a drug test first.

At the FHDRA they might not even order one, you have been honest with them.
I will try not to mate. Thank you. If it gets bought up again shall I be honest or just say it's still been 7 months and hope they don't want a test

If they bring drinking up tell them that you do not drink regularly. If they ask you to go into more detail, tell them you rarely have a drink and you do not keep records. They try to put you on the spot and make you say something that can be used against you.

A test would be 3 or 6 month overview. If your lapse was brief, weeks rather than one month plus, it should not make a bad result.

Back