Guest viewing is limited

A Refuge affecting a final hearing after favourable section 7 report

Razor

I had what was suppose to be final hearing this was after interim contact from a so what favourable cafcass section 7 report. But what happened was because the Ex was still in a refuge for close to 2 years she had one of the workers write a letter supporting their position statement for the final hearing making a whole list of new allegations. Trying to stop my children having overnight stays at my house. Refuge had also made referrals to social services against me saying the usually allegations of neglect when the children came back from overnight stays.

Here the problem they consider staff at the refuges as professionals because they have done a course in Domestic Abuse. The letter had like throughout my case many false allegations against me. It was written against me under the name of charity.

My question is could I do a Subject access request of that charity? Has anyone ever been successful in making a genuine complaint about refuge or subject access request? If a refuge holds my personal details like phone number are they breaching any gdpr rules? They don't really need to hold my personal information but are passing on to social services to complain about me.

I know I will be told what the point focus on the children.

Here the problem it isn't right someone can make up lies and you can't challenge because you are told they are a professional. Leaving my case aside they will do this against other fathers until it is stopped. The person at the refuge was very unprofessional would use bad language in front of my children, encouraged the ex to be difficult with contact, encourage animosity between me to prolonging the case. The fact she was in there for 2 years was because they told her she would save money staying it a refuge. Sure enough they would get funding for her. Even though they are a charity there are ways to make money. Looking at the charity accounts available online the person paid themselves some good remunerations.

I am not into conspiracy theories, a bitter ex or after any revenge. I let it all go I don't have any animosity for the sake of the kids I took all the allegations and let it all go. I know the legal advice is don't make allegations even if true you want to come across as a co-parent focused on the children. But all these different dynamic affect what they real narrative is. My ex wanted uk residenancy, benefits, a house, the kids free legal aid help that. I appreciate Cafcass will turn a blind eye to it all because they see as children needs as the healthy co parenting leave aside the rest. I am fine with that but some of corruption by so called professionals is it just always going to be brushed under the carpet. I even think Cafcass knows about some of the issues with some refuges but have the standard line they are professionals.

Is there something in the system that can address these issues if not for me for the fathers who face similar issues.

Bumping up this post as I'm in a similar situation. Anyone here have experience of ex's and kids going to a refuge and the eventual court outcome?

Bumping up this post as I'm in a similar situation. Anyone here have experience of ex's and kids going to a refuge and the eventual court outcome?
Eventual outcome hasn't been decided yet. Most likely I will at least get what I am currently on fortnightly weekends.
More than that is going to be hard & use distance against me getting more.
You want hope your ex is out of the refuge before final hearing or in experience they will try sabotage your contact to absolute minimum.
I even kind of had cafcass on my side for contact.
How far along is your case?

I had what was suppose to be final hearing this was after interim contact from a so what favourable cafcass section 7 report. But what happened was because the Ex was still in a refuge for close to 2 years she had one of the workers write a letter supporting their position statement for the final hearing making a whole list of new allegations. Trying to stop my children having overnight stays at my house. Refuge had also made referrals to social services against me saying the usually allegations of neglect when the children came back from overnight stays.

Here the problem they consider staff at the refuges as professionals because they have done a course in Domestic Abuse. The letter had like throughout my case many false allegations against me. It was written against me under the name of charity.

My question is could I do a Subject access request of that charity? Has anyone ever been successful in making a genuine complaint about refuge or subject access request? If a refuge holds my personal details like phone number are they breaching any gdpr rules? They don't really need to hold my personal information but are passing on to social services to complain about me.

I know I will be told what the point focus on the children.

Here the problem it isn't right someone can make up lies and you can't challenge because you are told they are a professional. Leaving my case aside they will do this against other fathers until it is stopped. The person at the refuge was very unprofessional would use bad language in front of my children, encouraged the ex to be difficult with contact, encourage animosity between me to prolonging the case. The fact she was in there for 2 years was because they told her she would save money staying it a refuge. Sure enough they would get funding for her. Even though they are a charity there are ways to make money. Looking at the charity accounts available online the person paid themselves some good remunerations.

I am not into conspiracy theories, a bitter ex or after any revenge. I let it all go I don't have any animosity for the sake of the kids I took all the allegations and let it all go. I know the legal advice is don't make allegations even if true you want to come across as a co-parent focused on the children. But all these different dynamic affect what they real narrative is. My ex wanted uk residenancy, benefits, a house, the kids free legal aid help that. I appreciate Cafcass will turn a blind eye to it all because they see as children needs as the healthy co parenting leave aside the rest. I am fine with that but some of corruption by so called professionals is it just always going to be brushed under the carpet. I even think Cafcass knows about some of the issues with some refuges but have the standard line they are professionals.

Is there something in the system that can address these issues if not for me for the fathers who face similar issues.
This is just my opinion as a village idiot, not advice of a professional. I heard from the friend of a friend that this has worked for someone he knows, but the situation may be totally different to yours. Firstly, don't write to the letter author or speak to that person no matter what. Make an SAR of the charity copying in the CEO. If it's new to you, just search "How to make an SAR" and download the wording you need, it's easy. At the same time write a polite "without prejudice" letter to the CEO explaining what has happened and insisting that the letter is redacted on the basis that it is defamatory to you, has caused you considerable alarm and distress, significant harm to your professional reputation, and that the allegations made are wholly false. Keep it friendly and polite. Suggest that the situation is unfortunate for both you and the charity, and that it would be in nobody's interests to have a legal dispute over it, and politely request that it is redacted on the basis that the letter was surely not written following the appropriate policies and that author's opinion therefore cannot endorsed by the charity. Confirm that a letter from the CEO redacting it would suffice, and that you would then consider the matter closed and that the SAR could be cancelled. If that doesn't work, or if ask politely for details of all professional bodies of which the author of the letter is a member and which govern the actions of the charity so that you can complain to them. Ask for a copy of the policies which govern how their employees should draft and approve such letters before they are sent (there probably won't be any) and confirmation that the opinions expressed about you are endorsed by the charity. Ask for details of how the charity is governed and funded, and the contact details for each governor and each funder (might include the local council) saying that unless the letter is redacted you will be sending it to all of them with a copy of the note you sent to the CEO and a covering letter to understand whether they approve of what has happened. If that doesn't work, consider putting it in the hands of a "no win no fee" solicitor or a paid one if you have the funds. Being a "professional" is not the same as being "unaccountable". Having a qualification of any sort doesn't make it OK for someone to write lies about you and represent them as facts endorsed by them as a professional. So called "professionals" who are completely unregulated are tearing families apart in the UK every day and it has to stop. Good luck.

Back