Guest viewing is limited

The word "Contact"

Well that could be a tearjerker! Peanut. Hope you're ok. Something I can pass on which is advice for parents suffering with alienation during court process and that is - they tell you it is really important to keep positive as that helps you keep proactive, and if you sink into despair and misery, then you don't achieve results. I didn't put that very well, but I needed that reminder a number of times as it's easy to stop functioning and being there if despondency leads to apathy. If things are looking bleak at the moment, just believe that you two have the power to get things across and turn things around. You still have chances while court proceedings are continuing.

You need to focus on self care, eating well, getting exercise and practising thinking positive - so you handle the next stage well. And avoid the downhil spiral. Easier said than done I know. In a way you need to practice a kind of cognitive behavioural therapy of rationalising the emotions you're feeling so you accept them but don't let them overwhelm you, so you can keep grounded and proactive and leave no stone unturned.

Thanks Ash.
Thankfully we're both into health and fitness and enjoy being active.
I just smashed a PB at the gym this morning so I'm feeling pretty good.
As we're kid free this Easter break we're planning loads of nice stuff to concentrate on our relationship.
Yes the kids are the ones that are important and need protecting but we can only control so much.

Well that could be a tearjerker! Peanut. Hope you're ok. Something I can pass on which is advice for parents suffering with alienation during court process and that is - they tell you it is really important to keep positive as that helps you keep proactive, and if you sink into despair and misery, then you don't achieve results. I didn't put that very well, but I needed that reminder a number of times as it's easy to stop functioning and being there if despondency leads to apathy. If things are looking bleak at the moment, just believe that you two have the power to get things across and turn things around. You still have chances while court proceedings are continuing.

You need to focus on self care, eating well, getting exercise and practising thinking positive - so you handle the next stage well. And avoid the downhil spiral. Easier said than done I know. In a way you need to practice a kind of cognitive behavioural therapy of rationalising the emotions you're feeling so you accept them but don't let them overwhelm you, so you can keep grounded and proactive and leave no stone unturned.
Wise words. Crying and nodding here.

I get what you're saying Ash, but sometimes it's good to have a bloody good cry to release the emotions.

But yes, let's get some good motivational songs playing to get us psyched up for the difficult journeys ahead.
Old school dance from the 90s/00s does it for me.

Lol, Queen has plenty to give, I was also thinking Another One Bites the Dust or Don't Stop Me Now! :cool:

Reactions: Ash
Yep that song destroyed me when I couldn’t see my kids for 9 months. That and any sounds of kids laughing outside the house. I couldn’t even walk into their bedrooms.
This is so relatable as I still can’t go in his room, I’ve took his quilt and I sleep with it as it makes me feel closer to him

Back