Guest viewing is limited

The War on Dads and Children - Vincent McGovern

Ash

Administrator
Staff member
Admin and Moderator
This book has been praised by reviewers as showing how incredibly hard it is for Fathers to be Fathers after separation and all the things stacked against us. I've read the first four chapters - it was written about the state of things about 14 years ago, so hopefully things have improved since then. Although I am not sure much has changed with Cafcass! It has a kind of humour in it. His wife, who wanted a divorce, accused him of abuse saying he had killed the family dog in front of the children. The joke, as he says, being, they never had a family dog. Yet this allegation was believed for years and he was accused of being violent as a result as it snowballed.

So far it's mostly been about him taking on and challenging authorities and making a lot of formal complaints (including against Cafcass). He has a couple of chapters on Cafcass and is no fan! Some of what he's written I can relate to personally as well. Although he does ultimately say that 25% are ok, 50% just go with the flow and 25% are really bad. In his view.

It's been an interesting read so far and despite the jokes, he's clearly had some really rough times. I'm not sure where it's going or whether there's any advice for the current situation - or just him letting off steam.

The War on Dads and Children - how to fight it and win

Last edited:
So it gets a lot better after the first 4 or so chapters - when he gets onto local authority Childrens Services and seems to have developed confidence in tackling authorities and holding them to account. In particular regarding Child Protection. And quotes various statistics - more children killed by Mothers than Fathers. He's scathing about the feminist dogma that overrides everything by child workers. And scathing about domestic violence services only being for women. And quite funny in places too. He's clearly been a thorn in the side of quite a few professionals! A quote from Chapter 7

"Perhaps Cafcass staff and personnel need to be introduced to the tender mercies of Myra Hindley, Rose West ....and nurse Beverley Allit.."

And

"I respectfully point out that organisations who discriminate on the grounds of gender are not helpful for society".

In Chapter 8 he has statistics that 65% of all child abuse is carried out by Mothers and only 8% by Fathers yet the family courts see Fathers as dangerous and Mothers as no risk at all.

On the family courts "this quite hopeless system is rooted in system gender discrimination".

I like his forthright style "If you believe that for the general good of society and children the Mother should have significant advantage in proceedings, then you are sexist and not child focused".

So far it says what we all know and many have experienced. But I'm only up to Chapter 8. Oh and he makes an interesting point that domestic violence charities (for women) receive £295 million annually. So the hard line feminists are paid well and have the power and resources to keep the attitude that all men are abusers! (I think that's what it meant anyway). Yet the mens domestic abuse charity Mankind receives no funding.

I got the Kindle version for PC (it's cheaper).

Last edited:
Hi Ash.

Not a book buy worth a watch is a YouTube video with Ann Widdecombe. Just search Ann Widdecombe Heresies.

If you've not seen it.

Yep seen that! Very good. I was wondering if the clip was from a TV programme?

Here for others to see

Roblox- I’ll put that on a separate post as well or it may be missed on here.

Back