Guest viewing is limited

Showing cafcass/court photos to disprove words

Peanut 21

Experienced member
Those of you that know my partners situation will know there's concern about PA.
His case is reaching a pinnacle inwhich is daughter is alienated and now is son is being turned against dad.
Son has said to a professional on questioning he's not bothered about seeing dad (paraphrasing husband exact words).
But we have picture after picture showing him cuddling up to dad and generally looking happy.
A directions hearing is coming up next month.
Cafcass meetings were done 4 months ago.
Do we send cafcass these pictures or use them in a position statement?
I know the argument could be that they're only snapshots. But pictures from every weekend for almost a year can't all be son acting can they!?

To be honest I'm not sure. Anything shared with the court, has to be shared with the ex. I think she would really react to seeing photos like that, and it's possible she could work harder on his son to break that bond. That would be my concern and from experiences. But every situation is different. That's not to say it would break the bond but could make his son under more stress and have fear his Mum might find out what he does at your house. Or even mean he can't trust you any more if he thinks his Mum might find out how he is at your house.

I think it maybe needs some careful thought how to approach it in words. Maybe one photo that shows them doing something together might help.

It sounds like he was pressurised into saying he's not bothered about seeing his Dad. I can see where you're coming from - trying to prove that what he said conflicts with the reality of the situation. Did the psychologist see him at home with you at all? As a psychologist the person should know not to take things literally, but assess in other ways too.

Ay my second hearing the ex had her solicitor and paralegal make a little booklet for the court with loads of posed pictures interspersed with text. They thought this would show the court how blissfully happy the new life without me was for the child. More experienced people around me at the time, before I found DWK. Said that it would have cost her a bomb to get all the prep done for that hearing and to have three "legal professionals" there in person throughout.

TBH, I don't think her booklet made much of a difference. The judge didn't appear to find that bit of the story interesting. Ash's points about unintended consequences are pretty convincing to me. I think the pictures would be wasted at a directions hearing. I'd do a PS that would be supported by the pictures and make a decision on whether the pictures would serve a purpose for the FH.

It's difficult as there's no FH in sight.
These hearings have been going on almost 2 years now.
I get what you mean. It must be such a horrible situation for you both. I'm still full of admiration for how long you and him have stuck at it.

From a purely tactical perspective:

Will the photos bring FH into sight?

If not, they are not what is needed.

I did all this, multiple pics to show bond between me and daughter, even in the last month we were together, we went on hol, and 2 sunday days out. Daughter asking to stop extra nights, telling me how much she loved me, and initiating convos etc

the contradictions I was arguing against:

1) she speaks very funny & loving to her dad considering she apparently fears me
2) she now claims we dont do much, even though I showed them all the activities we did in last 6 months
3) Im apparently not interested in her, so I showed texts where im asking if shes gonna stop more nights etc

The amount of notice, the naive imbeciles in authority took, right throughout proceedings? Absolutely none

It's like being in a psychological thriller isn't it.
No-one sees what's going on. Or if they do they just want to take the path of least resistance.

yep the twilight zone, I called my daughter to try and resolve, instead of her mom influencing her to communicate with me, she took her to the doctors due to the stress of me ringing, and then took her the police to try and get me warned of harassment

Thats like the highest degree of evidence for alienation :ROFLMAO:

Back