Guest viewing is limited

Senior direct barrister recommendations?

bobbyowl

Hi all, newbie here. I apologise if I’m asking a question that’s been asked many times. I’ve tried to search on the forum but couldn’t find the details exactly.

I just came out of my FHDRA today at the magistrates court. I was there as LIP and my ex had a direct access barrister. She was very strong and the magistrates didn’t listen to anything I said and I think I need a senior direct access barrister for my DR hearing / final hearing. I don’t care about the money, I’ll get a loan from my parents. Need someone that is very knowledgeable and experienced (ideally more senior than mother’s barrister with 15 years experience) and can get a good outcome. Any recommendations would be highly appreciated!

Some detail on my case:
- Good news is Cafcass reported no safeguarding concerns, but lots of spurious allegations about drug use and not seeking medical attention for my two girls ( 5 and 1 year old). I can disprove all of them through WhatsApp messages.
- Mother is very controlling and constantly threatens to take access away if I don’t follow what she says. Now she has a barrister she has changed her tone and says less contact is better for the children.
- Arrangements were having eldest Friday until Sunday morning every week. My youngest two times two hours a week.
- After I started a new relationship, she got angry and reduced contact five times. Currently it’s down to two hours every fortnight.
- Cafcass proposed going back to Saturday overnight stays every week (so one day).
- Mother proposed only day contact Saturday and Sunday every fortnight. I asked to go back to the two overnights stays every week.
- Before FHDRA, Cafcass called me and I was ok to compromise on the Cafcass proposal of Saturday nights. They promised to call me back and never did.
- The mother then argued they did not know about this proposal and the magistrates said we were too far apart, so the two hours every fortnight should continue (I found this incomprehensible as we both proposed more contact).
- My ultimate goal is shared live with and 50/50 time under 2-2-5-5 schedule. Also 50/50 on holidays and birthdays alternating years. I’m a very dedicated dad (like all of you!), I can flex my work time and I’m a school trustee at my daughter’s school. I’m also from another European country so I need enough time together to teach her my language and spend time with my parents there.

I feel like I’m in a decent position but I just got blown out of the court today so I need some help from a barrister.

Thank you for your help!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there. Yes the interim arrangements make no sense and that is often the case. If you PM me I've been keeping a list of barristers Dads have used and been happy with. Depending on the region.

By the way we do have a policy of no photos of children in avatars, or identifying photos of yourself, so would be grateful if you could change the avatar. Also usernames need to be anonymous (these are legal matters) so if yours could be recognised as being you or a child I can change that for you.

Hi Ash, firstly, apologies, have changed the profile pic and the name should not be recognisable. I will PM you!

Reactions: Ash
Where are you based?? Definitely need a fantastic barrister! I had shit ones and then ana amazing one for final hearing and it worked well for me
Thanks Richie, will message you. My understanding is that the next hearing is online as I otherwise would have to wait until November.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there. Yes the interim arrangements make no sense and that is often the case. If you PM me I've been keeping a list of barristers Dads have used and been happy with. Depending on the region.

By the way we do have a policy of no photos of children in avatars, or identifying photos of yourself, so would be grateful if you could change the avatar. Also usernames need to be anonymous (these are legal matters) so if yours could be recognised as being you or a child I can change that for you.
do you have a list of ones in suffolk?

Back