Guest viewing is limited

School Literature

Resolute

Experienced member
Hi All,

Here is a book and a website that are really helping me be at the centre of my daughter's education despite having only 2/14 nights with her:

The book is great and it is £2.99 for various ages in Lidl at the moment, also cheap online. Make sure is it is Maths AND English - some are maths only. I recommend buying some gold stars from Amazon as well (if kid is young enough to give a shit about gold stars 😁).

This website is amazing, it has so much to support our children's education. Just reading as a non-member was really helpful. Signing up for a free account gave me loads of free stuff to help. I might go for paid membership in the spring when tests are looming.

When I had 15 hours a week with no overnights, I still did half the homework with her. This is the one area it is difficult for my ex to stonewall me on.

I have subscribed my youngest to doodle math and doodle English. It's really effective.

It rewards the kids with stars that they can use to buy pieces to a robot and also unlocks games within the app.

Great!

The game angle on things is really good, Mathletics does things in a similar way.

Is the doodle stuff expensive?

My son used to like Mathletics - I think that was via school.

I used to get him to read me part of his reading book on the way home from school in the car. Part interaction, part reading practice.

My son used to like Mathletics - I think that was via school.

I used to get him to read me part of his reading book on the way home from school in the car. Part interaction, part reading practice.
I find doing the school work makes a massive difference to how my daughter and her teachers/the school see me. We also have log books so the school can update me on what they are doing and I do the same. It has really helped chip away their frostiness towards me over time.

Great!

The game angle on things is really good, Mathletics does things in a similar way.

Is the doodle stuff expensive?
It's more pricey than mathletics, but it has incredible features, like an algorithm that learns the strengths and weakneses of your child and then adjusts the teaching to reflect accordingly. We'll worth it!

Back