Guest viewing is limited

Refer to CAFCASS officer by their name?

UkDad

Hi,

During the phone interview is it advisable (or not) to refer to the Cafcass officer by their first name?

Thanks.

I'm not sure I've ever known a Cafcass officer's name tbh. Whenever I've had interviews I just talk to them etc and no names are used. As if you're having a conversation with someone. I think it's better not to use names.

I'm not sure I've ever known a Cafcass officer's name tbh. Whenever I've had interviews I just talk to them etc and no names are used. As if you're having a conversation with someone. I think it's better not to use names.
Interesting. Doesn't the Cafcass appointment letter/email usually have an officer's name on it? Is that not the officer that conducts the interview, or is it a different officer?

I can't remember if that was on mine tbh but you're probably right. I think letters just had Cafcass at the bottom from memory and you'd have no idea of the name of the person doing the interview unless they tell you their name. It's a huge bureaucratic organisation. The one that does the phone interview is also different to a Cafcass officer who would see you in court (if they attend court - sometimes that happens, sometimes not).

Back