Guest viewing is limited

McKenzie friend

bbl

Hello all,

Has anyone had any experience with McKenzie friend. I came across this video on YouTube and a few others and he seems very good. Please link below

Those videos were helpful and I was thinking of getting a McKenzie friend..
But then his videos have gone a bit weird, right wing, anti-LGBTQ, anti-woke, anti-gender pronouns.
..to each their own, but i'm not sure what that's got to do with cafcass or high conflict separation.

Reactions: Ash
Bear in mind McKenzie friends charge for their services,.can't represent you in court and usually aren't legally qualified. Essentially they can help you prepare paperwork and be there as moral support. However you can take someone else for moral support as a McKenzie friend. There have also been some bad stories where a Dad has done worse through taking the advice of a McKenzie friend. Effectively we offer help with the paperwork and support on here, although not actually being there at hearings.

As there is cost involved, and they're not qualified, we don't recommend using them. I am sure there are some very good ones. Equally there are some who aren't.

There's also a legal resources section on here on position statements :) I've always done my own and they have been very effective.

Thank you Ash, it is mainly due to the financial cost due to having a solicitor, is a position statement required for DRA or is it for a final hearing only.

As I was actually thinking about going into court by myself, with a friend for moral support.

I spoke to this guy (from the videos) on the phone right at the very beginning, and let’s just say one thing, extremely strange lol

• Haha
Reactions: Ash
Can I also ask, would the court normally do a fact finding hearing after a section 7 or is it prior if they feel it is appropriate?

Can I also ask, would the court normally do a fact finding hearing after a section 7 or is it prior if they feel it is appropriate?

They can order it alongside or during a section 7 report if they feel the need for it. But a good barrister can still persuade the judge otherwise as it takes a lot of time and resources and ultimately more time away from your kids.

We can help you with a good position statement. And yes it's best to do one for each hearing. What happens depends on the circumstances. Have you got an application in and had a cafcass report/letter yet?

They can order it alongside or during a section 7 report if they feel the need for it. But a good barrister can still persuade the judge otherwise as it takes a lot of time and resources and ultimately more time away from your kids.
Ok, I have my CAFCASS appointment next week as part of section 7 report. They did not think a 12J would be relevant with the allegations mum put forward which are false, I was just wondering whether this would be re visited.

Hello again, is it advisable to ask the CAFCASS officer of the case will go to a section 7 during my interview?

Apologises, I was meaning a fact finding hearing.

They could make recommendations within the report before the FHDRA. The duty Cafcass officer could suggest it during the FHDRA. And if a section 7 report is ordered, they could further suggest it if facts can’t be determined within the section 7 report.

But saying that, the courts don’t really like to have a fact finding as it takes up a lot of resources and even after it, facts could still not be determined and it’s more time away from your kids.

Your barrister should be able to persuade the judge against it.

Back