Guest viewing is limited

How often sorted at first hearing

ryan111

Any body had any success in getting something sorted at the first hearing ex has not done any mediation and after two months i finally got first hearing appointment.. Still blocked on every sort of communication not spoke to children in 6 months.. Due to me questing her partnering skills. But she's going to bring up my past and times in my life when i struggled

Any body had any success in getting something sorted at the first hearing ex has not done any mediation and after two months i finally got first hearing appointment.. Still blocked on every sort of communication not spoke to children in 6 months.. Due to me questing her partnering skills. But she's going to bring up my past and times in my life when i struggled
Normally what happens at first hearing is they investigate what she says about you in her opening statement or if cafcass have recommended anything. Don’t be disappointed if at first hearing it feels like all the accusations are on you - that’s normal! Just keep your head and battle through each allegation one by one creating evidence for the judge to work from at the next hearing. Be compliant in their requests. If you say no it looks suspicious. If you havnt seen your child for 6 months request that if you agree to have any tests etc can you at least see the kids on a supervised basis so you get to see them during interim period and while you prove the allegations wrong

My first hearing got me 5 days a fortnight from 10am until I put the child to bed in ex's property. Also a video call on every second day I did not see the child.

She proposed only 2 hours a fortnight, supervised in a contact centre.

This was an abridged notice hearing, loaded with allegations, unrepresented.

It can happen.

Thanks guys..

Id do anything for just a phone call as desperate as that sounds.

Im sure you've all been in the same boat I've always had a great relationship with my children but as anything the mother can spin her narrative

I went of the rails when she pulled the kids from me and went out and hit the drink and drugs hard but im back sorted and coming up t total for 5 months. Im hoping if they oder a test its for 3 months rather than 6

Thansk

Thanks guys..

Im sure you've all been in the same boat I've always had a great relationship with my children but as anything the mother can spin her narrative

I went of the rails when she pulled the kids from me and went out and hit the drink and drugs hard but im back sorted and coming up t total for 5 months. Im hoping if they oder a test its for 3 months rather than 6

Thansk
The thing is though matey, you have made huge steps moving forward and made positive decisions for your daughter and your barrister will really push this. Hopefully your ex will offer something or the barristers can at least agree on something for you and your child. Keep strong and keep doing the right thing!

Thanks guys..

Thansk
I absolutely know that feeling of where you would do anything for just a phonecall or FaceTime. It’s torture! Just keep of the booze and drugs and keep fighting like you already are for the little one. Are you using a barrister in court?

Thank you mate.. Im in work but currently not going to be able to afford a barrister as I've heard will cost 1000s..

Thank you mate.. Im in work but currently not going to be able to afford a barrister as I've heard will cost 1000s..
For my first 2 court hearings I used barristers that cost me £800 + vat and then went all out for the final hearing. Hope this helps. Do you know of ex would use / afford a barrister?

Thar does help mate.. Would it ve better to get and get one if it goes past the first hearing?

Im not sure if she will get legal aid i can't see her folking out. She's working part time i think not sure if it meens she will get legal help
Thanks

Thar does help mate.. Would it ve better to get and get one if it goes past the first hearing?

Im not sure if she will get legal aid i can't see her folking out. She's working part time i think not sure if it meens she will get legal help
Thanks
If you can afford one from start I recommend but onviously that costs! There is a lot of things what not to do if you don’t use a barrister. If you inbox me I can help with that and break things down. People think you need to prove lies! That’s not the case at all from my experience. It’s not criminal court so lies isn’t what they want to hear. They like to make that decision themselves.

Did she submit C1A? The only way she will get legal aid is if she submits forms claiming domestic violence. But she needs to back that up with evidence. Even a message being aggressive and usually they get it. If not then she won’t get it! Also, if she does submit C1A you would have chance to respond before they accept legal aid application. Only way people get legal aid now is from allegations and if proven however mild, like an aggressive text she could get it.

I kmow absolutely nothing what shes doing or plans to do pal.. She booked to mediation appointments then didn't turn up.. Dragged it out 5 months before it even got to court ..there been the odd aggressive text where I've lost my shit I've never laid a finger on her and she gave as good as she got.

I did put my fist through a door going back 7 years the first few months together and got a caution by the old bill.

But apart from that the relationship didn't work out and tbh the break up was really civil soon as i got a new bird all this started

Back