Guest viewing is limited

Do family & criminal courts cross paths at all?

spinfizz

Random one! Does anyone here know if statements made in family court can be cross referenced to statements made in criminal court?
Ex has made false allegations that I am awaiting trial for, however they don't at all match the version of events she's alledged in her family court statement. She's signed both, they are different. To add insult to injury, her version of events in the cafcass report is further different again 🤪
Are the courts likely to pick up on this? At the end of my rope with this. It's a farce.

The Cafcass report and the Family Court statement will both be in the bundle already. They are on the same path. I see no reason you could not include the criminal statement as an exhibit. There is a judgement to be made on when this is best done. It would be easier to drive any contradictions home in a FF or FH than in a DRA.

I would be cautious about using evidence from family proceedings on the criminal side.

I think you might need some legal advice on this, as to whether you can use family court documents as evidence in a criminal case. You can get a free half hour with a solicitor or two.

Back