Guest viewing is limited

Dishonest Solicitor?!

Resolute

Experienced member

Hi All

I found this summary of how important it is for a solicitor to tell the truth very interesting. They speak of dire consequences for dishonesty. Does anyone have experience of proving a solicitor or barrister to have lied? How did it go? I am thinking about a little detour to demonstrate they have knowingly and repeatedly lied in my case, but I fear it would be a waste of time.

Please share your thoughts.

Res.

I thought solicitors lied generally! Or at least turned a blind eye to some things they suspect aren’t true.

Hi Res.

The SRA has a complaints procedure which is straightforward. The way to approach the complaint is to keep the covering letter focused and refer to the attachments (I used the word 'Exhibit')......the Exhibits do the explaining, your letter is the signpost.

Use the relevant para numbers from the procedure as reference points in your letter i.e para xx: the solicitor failed to do X, please refer to Exhibit Y.

In my own experience I gained a reprimand to ensure Practice Direction 26a was adhered to in the future. I'm not after blood, only fairness (as a then LIP).

HTH, SS.

Back