Guest viewing is limited

deflated

NewcastleBrownAle

Experienced member
I attended my interim hearing today for interim time with my child before the FHDRA in July. At court, nothing happened for the prehearing, which didn't happen. The hearing itself was a waste of everyone's time as the judge , who clearly didnt know the case stated that there would be no interim arrangement or contact until the FHDRA, no discussion, all done in a few minutes. I suggested a family assistance order, the judge didn't know what it was and dismissed it anyway. I said that " I just want to see my son" and the curt reply was " he is not YOUR son". Unhelpful, unfriendly , didn't listen, didn't read the details.

deflated

Sorry to hear that. Were Cafcass reports back? I know they like you to talk about "our" child. But I think saying you just want to see your son is hardly a bad thing to say. On paper people are usually advised to say something like they think "our son" will be anxious without seeing me. ie put it the child focused way. Courts do seem to have a dislike of parents talking about what they want. How long till the FHDRA?

TheFHDRA is in July, and why call an interim hearing then close it immediately ? The judge was horrible and CAFCASS just sat there and smiled.

So sorry to hear this. It's beyond belief how this seemingly fair and democratic country can have such an unfair system when it comes to family law.

Was just about to ask if it was a magistrate but seen above! 🤦‍♂️. What did the court say it’s not your son? Apologies if I have missed some earlier communication. Seems a really odd thing to say and quite brutal and unfair

It's a shame it wasn't a District Judge. Magistrates aren't legally qualified which is why there was a Legal Adviser there. I'm sorry you had this experience. It could be worth emailing the court and requesting the next hearing is reserved to a District Judge.

Back