Guest viewing is limited

Childrens welfare checklist

Peanut 21

Experienced member
I posted this on a dads post earlier.
I thought it was important to remind people of what the courts, Cafcass and social services use when it comes to assessing children. It can be used for reference when dads need to argue what's best for their children.
The Child welfare checklist.

• the ascertainable wishes and feelings of the child concerned (considered in the light of his age and understanding);
  • the child's physical, emotional and educational needs;
  • the likely effect on him of any change in his circumstances;
  • the child' age, sex, background and any characteristics of his which the court considers relevant;
  • any harm which the child has suffered or is at risk of suffering;
  • how capable each of his parents, and any other person in relation to whom the court considers the question to be relevant, is of meeting the child' needs.

Thanks for putting it up, your comments against this were useful on that particular thread!

I have written a statement for court, then reviewed the draft & amended it against this checklist in mind.
It helps to ensure that use of similar or identical language will speak to the Judge at court & likely helps your counsel as well.

This is standard on most orders which require a section 7 isn’t it?

I would like to see the arguments which helped when using their own language against them (Cafcass, the courts etc)

Back