Guest viewing is limited

Cafcass interview

iamdad7

Hi All,
New dad here, separated from ex, fighting to get kid custody.
I had Cafcass interview scheduled recently and instead them carry it out, they rang and said that they are going to use recent raport from children services. Is this common practice for them?
I read raport and in short it is mostly oriented toward my ex. I'm gutted.

What does the social services report say about "contact"? Are you getting any time with the kids currently?

Last edited by a moderator:
Raport says there is no safeguarding issues as we live apart. I have my kid with me from Friday after school till Monday morning. It's based on interim order which I agreed to (my ex witheld my child completely before for 10 days). We went through emergency c100 and she agreed to the time as above.
I'm just upset because her wrongdoings are not included in CS raport. Only her false allegations

Last edited by a moderator:
She left house picking up my son early from school. Told the school that she was saving her life. School called CS.
She left 2nd kid with me. She got back to our home later in the week to collect some clothes. I have asked SW, if she is afraid of her life, why did she come back to her oppressor? In my view she fled the house to get emergency housing. And she got it. CS does not mention this.

I'll post properly later but just a polite request to avoid using the term "contact" wherever possible as it undermines us :)

No need to apologise. I know it's tricky to find other ways to say it sometimes but this is partly why the word gets bandied around so much.

With mva's permission I edited that wording slightly and yours too - hope that's ok.

Back