Guest viewing is limited

withholding

NewcastleBrownAle

Experienced member
HI , I am moving away shortly and I'm concerned about giving the ex my address, it has been raining false allegations and she has spread horrible rumours around the school, my neighbours and just about everyone locally. I don't want this to follow me to my new home. My partner also feels the same, as allegations are cause of concern as she has a very sensitive job that requires a high level of continuous scrutiny. How would cafcass and the courts see this ?

HI , I am moving away shortly and I'm concerned about giving the ex my address, it has been raining false allegations and she has spread horrible rumours around the school, my neighbours and just about everyone locally. I don't want this to follow me to my new home. My partner also feels the same, as allegations are cause of concern as she has a very sensitive job that requires a high level of continuous scrutiny. How would cafcass and the courts see this ?
I can't remember your back story but for my part because I was struck by my partner and I informed the police (but didn't press charges) I asked my solicitor to keep my address from the court papers. I've got this far without needing to but now that I am about to have my child back in my life unsupported I'll let it be known. It's driven her mad (very controlling) but in reality for 70 quid you can obtain an address in a couple of days.

As long as you have a reason it's valid not to give the address but if the kids will be with you then it might be tricky to hold that position.

I can't remember your back story but for my part because I was struck by my partner and I informed the police (but didn't press charges) I asked my solicitor to keep my address from the court papers. I've got this far without needing to but now that I am about to have my child back in my life unsupported I'll let it be known. It's driven her mad (very controlling) but in reality for 70 quid you can obtain an address in a couple of days.

As long as you have a reason it's valid not to give the address but if the kids will be with you then it might be tricky to hold that position.
my issue is that she has spread rumours of the most horrible kind around the school, my neighbours and people who live near by and also on social media, if she knows my address, these same rumours will follow me. The other issue is my partner is a very senior police official whose post is sensitive and allegations of any kind have to be reported and internally investigated, her job is ultra sensitive and national security comes before family live. So no, I dont want her to know my address and attempts to obtain it illegally would mean legal action. It may be that an NMO would be required, solely for this purpose.

Have you screenshotted the stuff on social media and requested it's taken down? It can be a crime to make those kind of posts online about someone.

strangely, it was mentioned in court, who said they have no power to police and control social media content. The content doesn't actually contain names, but it's clear who it is about. Seems the court isn't really interested. However a C8 is a powerful message, ,but also makes life difficult for child arrangements.

Yes, I can guarantee the ex will want to with hold her address, claiming domestic abuse, stalking, spying , or whatever. So if she can with hold, why can't I? Or rather, if the court find her application to with hold reasonable, why could they not find my application to be reasonable "?

Have you screenshotted the stuff on social media and requested it's taken down? It can be a crime to make those kind of posts online about someone.
Actually, my ex has blocked me on social media. One of her friends is so repulsed by her behaviour that I get regular emails containing screenshots and post comments. I took these to court for the NMO and they were not in the slightest bit interested.

We moved house to another town 20 miles away before my ex was released from prison at the request of social services and police, she tracked our new address down within a matter of weeks so in reality unless your willing to drop off grid its a waste of time.

Back