Guest viewing is limited

Variation By Agreement in Writing

Ok, I have done three hearings myself, so could probably handle prelims. What is the cheapest way of ensuring bundle prep is with my side? I believe if she is represented and I am not, she gets control of the bundle. They were terrible with this last time.

Ok, I have done three hearings myself, so could probably handle prelims. What is the cheapest way of ensuring bundle prep is with my side? I believe if she is represented and I am not, she gets control of the bundle. They were terrible with this last time.
Re bundle, protocol is that if one party is represented, regardless.of Applicant status, that party produces Bundle.

Practice Direction 27A governs the collation, permitted doc inclusions, collaboration and Court submissions.

It should be adhered to. Guess what? It isn't, often. And even when both parties are repped.

Outcome? The horse bolts before the stable door is closed. But you know this from your valued comments elsehere regarding Family Court reform.

SS.

Yep many many dirty tricks if the other side is preparing the bundle - and also over statement exchanged. What some Dads do is a tailored approach. Self rep mostly. Hire a solicitor for a one off job (to exchange statements via solicitor protocol and prepare and submit bundle) and use a direct access barrister for the final hearing. It can save a vast amount of money. Of course if you don't have any money that's tricky. But a good solicitor should be able to give you a fixed fee for those two specific things.

Back