Guest viewing is limited

update on my case

NewcastleBrownAle

Experienced member
As some of you might remember, I put in for an urgent directions hearing as my ex and her solicitor have breached their obligations of the cross undertaking I negotiated.

I heard from the court today - essentially saying the court proceedings for the NMO are concluded and if I want to see my child, I need to go to court for a CAO ( even though the same judge was made aware that I am doing this).

So my next step is to await the documentation for the cross undertaking, which I still don't have yet.

CAFCAS safeguarding call is looming.....it's next week and I'm dreading it.

CAFCAS safeguarding call is looming.....it's next week and I'm dreading it.

I had my CAFCASS call this morning for my Enforcement Hearing this Friday. The female CAFCASS officer was courteous, but stereotypically blunt and unceremonious with her questions;

CAFCASS Officer; "XXXXX claims that you are unfit to parent unsupervised due to being emotionally unstable, what is your response to that"?

Kyle; "I can only respond to that with, If shedding a tear because I was so fed up of these constant accusations makes me 'emotionally unstable' then I'm sure the court will do what is right."

CAFCASS Officer; "Ok. It does all sound a bit unnecessary."

Kyle; "Welcome to my world."

I know your case is a bit more complex than mine due to the additional NMO, but I think all you can try to be is calm, polite and honest. Don't be critical of the ex. Don't be triggered by the deliberatly blunt and unceremonious questions.

Back