Guest viewing is limited

Tips for going to court

The outcome for the children and me was correct,
The false and unmeritorious allegations to the courts , social services and the police were not ,

I have disengaged with GMP ( greater Manchester police)
I am to them a male perp who deserves a good kicking and it's tough your property has been damaged ,
Caused by their mum using social media to spread malicious rumours about me and to the sickos who are encouraged by gmp to target and harass falsely accused people like me without any sanctions,
It's a civil matter that my car was damaged apparently,

The fact I was abused and the family courts understood this
is irrelevant to gmp and that gmp has never heard of male domestic abuse victims according to the two friendlies they sent round with tasers ready to be deployed,

Social services after 5 investigations have now understood their mum is not to be taken at face value ,

The court dismissed her claims as unlikely to have occurred and typical of a person who makes false allegations,
The court order specifically states further unmeritorious allegations are not in the children's interests and will lead to their mum having to apply to court for further referrals ,

I am aware of some work in this area, families need father's who are working with a senior judge to review the whole area of false allegations used to stop parents to have contact with their child or children

Media often trivialises or downplays false allegations of domestic absuse or sexual abuse, the latest case ( criminal)
Terms like it's rare , I feel sorry but they'll get over this as it's important to take these types of allegations seriously,

simply put
This ruins people's lives and destroys families,

In family court there are no sanctions
Against not proven or did not happen issues ,

Without a deterrent and the fact if you claim DA or DV then you may end with legal aid which means the other party spends £1000's and in debt adds to unjust nature of things ,

The court system will continue to be full and clogged up because of these unmeritorious cases where the aim is to use these allegations to gain advantage over the other person and to stop the other parent having a relationship with their children with often Draconian restrictions placed on them with the police waiting to arrest for even the most innocent of a message,

I am not bitter and have moved on but I don't forget what has happened to me or the injustice I see on a daily basis

The big loosers will continue to be children and a perfectly decent parents
Who puts their children first

Agree. I remember someone suggesting lie detector tests! Unfortunately they are not seen as reliable enough. And some people can circumvent them. My idea was to scrap Cafcass and have psychologists interview both parents before the first hearing and write a report. To flush out the liars and alienators at the start out.

Best tip for me to going to court is get a good barrister and a solicitor if you can afford both... I have supreme admiration for fathers that are litigating in person. i represented myself at one three hearings in the High Court, and it was a harrowing experience.....

I can't stress enough the importance of this thread, I wish I read this before starting my application. During the fact-finding, both barristers spent 80% of the time pinpointing words used in all statements about each parent painting the other parent in a bad light, including Cafcass interview report.

Mother's barrister went through the entire bundle and took every allegation I made about the mother without evidence and used it against me.

My barrister did the same against the Mother.

The mother had it worse. An example, I retained the children, Mother made an urgent application and filed her statement with it, in her statement she says I am violent, controlling ... the list goes on. But the reason for the urgent hearing application was about retention, the statement should only focus on the retention. Yet she made allegations, 15 pages long, surely if these were true, she would have filed an application previously about them, why wait until I retain them? Yet for 2 years, she dropped them off to me, and all worked fine until I retain them and all of a sudden a list of allegations come out. This went against her, painting the Father in a bad light so the court thinks I am a bad father.

So be careful what you say in your statement or Cafcass, this will be used against you if you can't back it up with evidence or if it is irrelevant to the hearing, keep it children focused. What has happened before in your relationship is irrelevant if both parents allowed each other to have contact with the child.

In fact, if you say that the other parent was violent in your relationship, and still allowed the other parent to have contact with the child without appropriate court application/social services/police involved at the time these acts of violence happened, this will also go against you as you did not safeguard the child when needed.

So for me, that's a lesson learnt, any good barrister will turn this against you.

In fact, if you say that the other parent was violent in your relationship, and still allowed the other parent to have contact with the child without appropriate court application/social services/police involved at the time these acts of violence happened, this will also go against you as you did not safeguard the child when needed.

So for me, that's a lesson learnt, any good barrister will turn this against you.
Against either party presumably, so if a mother is alleging DV or DA but did nothing it's a safeguarding issue?

Back