Guest viewing is limited

Stress with CAO / Court proceedings messing up other relationships

Siesta72

Hi

Anyone else struggled with being wrongly denied contact with children by ex and having to take it to court, then obviously it driving a wedge between new relationships?

November last year I met a great girl however I had so much crap still going on with court, the ex, social services, cms I have let it cause a rift between us and have since called it a day. We just had a great holiday to italy together in december with things ending shortly after.

Honestly im a bit gutted, the last 7 months has been the single most stressful time of my life and obviously the stuff going on with my son is on my mind all the time. I feel like I cant really move on in my life until all this court stuff is sorted, all while childs mother moved another guy in within 2 weeks.

Feeling incredibly burned and how she is still managing to cause issues in my life since splitting up in sept.

Really sorry to hear this. It does put a strain on relationships. But sounds like this girl maybe wasn't the right one. Some would understand and be supportive. If it's meant to be, then it will start up again. It's hard for people who haven't had kids or these situations, to get them. Was there anything in particular caused issues? Ex texting all the time? You having to cancel arrangements? My partner and I argued a lot in the first year - usually about my ex.

Really sorry to hear this. It does put a strain on relationships. But sounds like this girl maybe wasn't the right one. Some would understand and be supportive. If it's meant to be, then it will start up again. It's hard for people who haven't had kids or these situations, to get them. Was there anything in particular caused issues? Ex texting all the time? You having to cancel arrangements? My partner and I argued a lot in the first year - usually about my ex.
I think it was more down to me bringing it up all the time if im honest, obviously this case is a massive part of my life at the moment so find it hard to put anything else before that. I think i'll probably wait till its over before i get involved with someone else again.

If you only split from your ex in Sept it wasn't long before you met the new girl.
Maybe give yourself more time to process the end of the relationship with the mother of your children first.
I'm not judging as we all have different stages of moving on.
But it's very hard for a new partner if all they hear about is the ex.
As Ash says, if she was the right one, you may reconnect one day.
Just because your ex moved on within 2 weeks, it doesn't mean she's happy and it will last.

Back