Guest viewing is limited

Respondent ex delaying the FHDRA

UkDad

Does anyone have experience of their ex delaying (or trying to delay) the first hearing (FHDRA)?

If so what did your ex do to delay it?

Thanks.

What makes you think the EX is attempting to delay? Or are you just being cautious?

Other reasons for adjournment aside from the above mentioned thread can also be court availability I.e. shortage of judges, legal advisers etc.

My ex delayed a court hearing to take my 1 year old on holiday with her new boyfriend that was 'prebooked' in november despite her not having a lives with interim order until jan 23rd

I don't think it's that easy for an ex to delay a hearing without you knowing about it. If she asked for an adjournment, you'd be notified and asked if you agreed. If she has a sneaky solicitor, it might be possible for them to cause something to delay a hearing (eg ask for a change of court venue pleading poverty for the ex with travel costs) but again you'd get notified by the court that the venue was changing.

Have you been notified that the date has been put back?

I don't think it's that easy for an ex to delay a hearing without you knowing about it. If she asked for an adjournment, you'd be notified and asked if you agreed. If she has a sneaky solicitor, it might be possible for them to cause something to delay a hearing (eg ask for a change of court venue pleading poverty for the ex with travel costs) but again you'd get notified by the court that the venue was changing.

Have you been notified that the date has been put back?
@Ash I haven't been notified of anything. It's more paranoia as ex will try anything to cause me further distress.

Reactions: Ash
Back