Guest viewing is limited

No CMS, but I am overpaying and I want to reduce payments

PoorMe

She's stopping my access and Im going to have to pay for court, so I'm going to stop giving her the extra ~£40 a month I give her over and above what the government online calculator has said.

She's repeatedly said she doesn't want my money at all (pretty sure she's not sincere about that!). I appreciate that, whatever she says, I have an obligation to keep paying her maintenance, which I've always done and always will.

But - am I exposing myself at all if I say that I can no longer afford this extra money I've been giving her and it's going to have to stop?

As I say, no CMS involvement, always been done by the online calculator and she's been accepting of that (mostly).

Cheers for replies.

Unless she applies to CMS you have no legal obligation. Morally as you say paying the CMS amount is what I think most would do (even if your ex is being a pain re access).

You're not obliged to pay anything over CMS amount and she has no right to stop access as they are separate things entirely.

I suppose you may want to continue paying the extra money to keep things amicable but if she's stopping access she's not being.

Back