Guest viewing is limited

My Final Hearing.

Also bit belated but congratulations Kyle!

I volunteered at a contact centre for a year or so while I was back in UK (run by a charity) and found my fellow volunteers were a very fair-minded bunch. I hope and expect you'll have as good an experience as possible under the circumstances.

It's not till the end of March now, but I thought I would document the process to try and help others.

Witness statements have now been submitted. I have just instructed a Direct Access Barrister for the 2 day hearing. It has cost me £4500. I have had to scrape the money together from salary, overdraft and a bank loan. But it wont leave me struggling and it is worth it to be represented by an advocate who fights in your corner. I instructed a Direct Access Barrister for my previous DRA at a cost of £900 and he was absolute gold. Establishing a good rapport with the Judge and convinced him a FFH was unnecessary and pushed for a Final Hearing, which I got.

The ex submitted her witness statement at the 11th hour on Friday. She has, as expected, jumped all over the fact that my hair strand test results have returned a result of 30pg/ml which is high, but that's because I had a normal Christmas and I made the decision not to let her, or this case, ruin it. Her allegation is that I am an alcoholic and I am drunk when my son has been in my care, which is absurd. I have never consumed any alcohol when my son is with me. Ever! It's all because she has seen me in the pub on a Friday after work enjoying myself and just wants to ruin my happiness out of revenge. That simple.

Her witness statement is quite shocking. The lies she is willing to make to destroy my chances have to be seen to be believed.

She has added photos as evidence of my sons legs when he has had small bruises from accidents from play, and is accusing me of causing them! In the first hearing last year, when her alcoholic allegation fell on deaf ears and the court were trying to wrap things up there and then by giving me my order, my ex decided to accuse me of domestic violence at the end, claiming I beat my son and her to force the courts hand, even though this has never been bought up before, and CAFCASS found nothing to support this claim, it has dragged things out until now.

I have never hit anyone in my life, let alone my little boy who is the most precious thing in my whole life.

So I have to convince the court I am not a crazed alcoholic to win the right to be my sons dad again. Even though I'm just a normal, hard working, innocent man who has done nothing to deserve being separated from my child for the last year.

I'm not sure how this is going to go. It's going to be stressful and full of shocks, as there's no telling what she is going to come out with. She really is capable of saying anything.

Time will tell.
My ex has done the same although my hair strand test was negative. Feel for you

Back