Guest viewing is limited

Looking for advice and guidance

The recordings are useful evidence for the Police (but not for family court) so yes I would get the Police involved and get the Police evidence for family court. Those recordings are also evidence of domestic abuse affecting the children. If you were still living there and this was happening, she could be removed from the house possibly. Now you're separated I don;t think it's enough for the Police to do an emergency protection order for the kids to stay with you. Social services have already been involved with your stepdaughter, but it could also be worth playing that recording about your step daughter telling you her Mum punched her in the mouth. That is evidence from a child. Thing is I think the police just then refer on to social services who have already been involved. But I would say to the Police when you do your statement and give them the evidence, that you are very concerned about your children being left with your ex as you are not the only one who has been physically abused.
Can recordings be used in family court ? My ex has a recording of me, where she started via a telephone call then when she arrived she was calm. I believe she told the police too but they didn’t question me or got in touch with me in regards to that particular argument

Can recordings be used in family court ? My ex has a recording of me, where she started via a telephone call then when she arrived she was calm. I believe she told the police too but they didn’t question me or got in touch with me in regards to that particular argument
I’m not sure I believe they can be used as evidence for the police and possibly family court but the child services have been told from my stepdaughter she has been punched in the mouth by her mum and I have it on voice recording too, I do know anything like recordings social media etc can be used as evidence in court I was told that by the police

I’m not sure I believe they can be used as evidence for the police and possibly family court but the child services have been told from my stepdaughter she has been punched in the mouth by her mum and I have it on voice recording too, I do know anything like recordings social media etc can be used as evidence in court I was told that by the police
For police yes but I want to know if the family courts will . Then again she played it to the police and they didn’t do anything. They didn’t even ask me

For police yes but I want to know if the family courts will . Then again she played it to the police and they didn’t do anything. They didn’t even ask me
Potentially yes they can be used in a family court but the court would have to give permission first,
A court is unlikely to give permission unless it is clear that the recording is both relevant and reliable.

Covert recordings can be admissible as evidence, but with the judge’s permission is required, an issue is sometimes it is contested by the parties.
That’s what I have read

That is a total pain when they ask for an actual bank statement. I had this issue recently for identity purposes with a solicitor. I don't get paper bank statements but I can print a statement off from my account. Not acceptable - they want an actual paper statement from the bank. Sent directly to them by the bank! My bank said - we don't do that, we won't issue a paper statement and we won't send it directly to a solicitor.

So what I did in the end was use different identity evidence - I think it was a house contents insurance schedule they accepted. But that was for ID - if if your case they are seeking financial information then it may need to be a bank statement. Phone your bank and see if they will do this. If they won't ask the solicitor/legal aid agency what alternative evidence they will accept. Tax statement?

No family courts don't usually accept video evidence. You could check with solicitor but it's what I've always been told. They prefer paper evidence. For example in a position statement you could state that there is video evidence of abuse of you which has been shown to the Police. That gives some credibility as the Police are involved.

That is a total pain when they ask for an actual bank statement. I had this issue recently for identity purposes with a solicitor. I don't get paper bank statements but I can print a statement off from my account. Not acceptable - they want an actual paper statement from the bank. Sent directly to them by the bank! My bank said - we don't do that, we won't issue a paper statement and we won't send it directly to a solicitor.

So what I did in the end was use different identity evidence - I think it was a house contents insurance schedule they accepted. But that was for ID - if if your case they are seeking financial information then it may need to be a bank statement. Phone your bank and see if they will do this. If they won't ask the solicitor/legal aid agency what alternative evidence they will accept. Tax statement?
I have managed to get bank statements from my bank they sent them to me via email and I sent them to the solicitors so tbh why have now been forwarded to the legal aid department , so hopefully. Kw they will get this sorted out asap I spoke to my solicitor who will put it. As urgent so once the legal aid is through she should be able to get it into court along with a prohibited steps order and a C1a as the social services have evidence of my wife hitting my step daughter too as she told them but my wife lied and said she has never hit the kids ! Hopefully this helps . When I do my police statement I will mention this too that she has in the last abused my stepdaughter as well as my son so hopefully this will go in my favour ! I hope

Reactions: Ash
I have managed to get bank statements from my bank they sent them to me via email and I sent them to the solicitors so tbh why have now been forwarded to the legal aid department , so hopefully. Kw they will get this sorted out asap I spoke to my solicitor who will put it. As urgent so once the legal aid is through she should be able to get it into court along with a prohibited steps order and a C1a as the social services have evidence of my wife hitting my step daughter too as she told them but my wife lied and said she has never hit the kids ! Hopefully this helps . When I do my police statement I will mention this too that she has in the last abused my stepdaughter as well as my son so hopefully this will go in my favour ! I hope
My ex partner has made allegations of financial control in the NMO , I want my barrister in the next hearing to take it to fact find hearing and get a full disclosure of finances as she had vast amount of large sums in her savings accounts , in a nutshell in her statement she said I controlled her by putting a limit on her spending ( my credit card ) . I used to pay for Everything after we were divorced.

Recordings can be used in Family Court settings, but if you have been obviously set up or they have been staged they can come back to bite the person doing the recording as my ex found out to her cost.

Juts got my date for my first hearing today , couple of months away but I feel nervous . I wish they let me have some form of contact with my daughter ( even supervised contact centre )

Hi Ash
I have submitted the c100 myself as legal aid taking too long !
What I would like to know is I have been told by a neighbour that my wife has got her new partner staying in the house overnight but my boys sleep in the same room as we did ! Is this allowed or is there anything I can do to stop this ??
I am going to go for full custody of the boys and hopefully I get it as I have a lot of evidence against her for dv against me and my step daughter and my son
Please if anyone knows of her new boyfriend is allowed to sleep in house and she room as my kids let me know ..

Daddy D

Hi everyone

Need more advice please ! I just found out my wife is going on holiday in the Uk with my 2 boys and her new partner bearing in mind I have not seen my kids for over 50 days as I had to leave due to domestic violence from my wife she has also hit her own daughter and lied to social services about that j said it never happened but her daughter told ss it did , I knew she was seeing someone a few weeks before I left for my own safety but how do I stand as I don’t even know they guy or met him but I have proof she is going away with him and my boys . What steps can I take to stop her talking the kids away she has booked to go in the next 5 weeks ! Anyone with info please advise me urgently

Daddy D

Hi. As you both have parental responsibility, she's allowed to let the kids mix with who she wants as she is ultimately responsible for determining who is ok to be around them when they're with her. I'm afraid you can't stop her having a partner or going on holiday - even if it's a smack in the face. Likewise if the kids were with you, you could introduce them to a new partner and take them on holiday. The issue being you're not getting to see them - which is why you need the C100 application.

It sounds like she's creating a "stable homelife" scenario to make her case look better so you might not get far with proving she is abusive unless you have back up from social services. I've also had social services dismiss previous abuse saying it was "historic". Which is stupid when we all know that abusers don't stop their behaviour and are still capable of it. But she might behave differently if she has a partner to impress.

Has your C100 already gone?

Hi. As you both have parental responsibility, she's allowed to let the kids mix with who she wants as she is ultimately responsible for determining who is ok to be around them when they're with her. I'm afraid you can't stop her having a partner or going on holiday - even if it's a smack in the face. Likewise if the kids were with you, you could introduce them to a new partner and take them on holiday. The issue being you're not getting to see them - which is why you need the C100 application.

It sounds like she's creating a "stable homelife" scenario to make her case look better so you might not get far with proving she is abusive unless you have back up from social services. I've also had social services dismiss previous abuse saying it was "historic". Which is stupid when we all know that abusers don't stop their behaviour and are still capable of it. But she might behave differently if she has a partner to impress.

Has your C100 already gone?
I put the c100 in about 10 days ago so hopefully just waiting to get a hearing I did put it as urgent

I put the c100 in about 10 days ago so hopefully just waiting to get a hearing I did put it as urgent
Also ss spoke to my step daughter and she admitted to the ss that her mum did punch her in the face and gave her a black lip and a lot more too, I am making a statement in a few days to the police for the dv she done to me over the years and will also tell them what she done to my stepdaughter too, I think it’s disgusting for ss to say it’s historic as they know it happened and don’t do anything about it this is why so many kids out ther fear as ss don’t do their job properly

Marking it as urgent probably won't make any difference, unless a solicitor applies for an urgent hearing (then it would be 24 to 48 hours). Family court works in strange ways, They think if you leave it two weeks then you can't be that concerned about the kids. Whereas if you put in for a 24 hour urgent hearing then there is immediate risk of harm. Did you tick for a 24 or 48 hour hearing and say there was risk of harm? Really to get an urgent hearing you would need to have used a solicitor I think - I may be wrong though.

Hi ash it went in on weekend this it was Sunday 29th so I was told it takes about 48hrs to look at it but with the extra bank holiday I should hear back today about a date so possibly sometime this week , I did mark as urgent and ask them to look knto
It asap as I don’t know what is happening from the Kia whilst I’m not there

I have contacted the court via email and said I did not mark as urgent as it was weekend and thought someone will be in contact but I have asked them to put it as urgent and to update me with a hearing date so hopefully they reply within the next day or so they are aware of all the dv against me and the kids and I did say please consider it urgent . Reason solicitor did not put it through is the legal aid has still not been granted so solicitors said to put it in myself to get a date but she said if I email court and say it’s urgent they will look at it and possibly push it forward . Hopefully it’s very soon

Back