Guest viewing is limited

Independent Social Worker organisation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not getting great vibes about this Child Family Solutions given the above and I’ve asked for similar.

I got the same impression they want you to pay them first before they do even the most simplest tasks.

How can you present these types of things to court when they refuse to give any details.

I did. Didn't even recieve the courtesy of a reply.

They decided to behave very unprofessionally instead. Disgrace.

Once I've sorted contact out, I wlll decide then whether I want to make a claim in small claims court.

To be honest, that link is not that helpful in some ways. Even if you narrow the Independent social workers down to region and children/family, there are still a lot to trawl through and many of them deal with all kinds of different aspects and not necessarily court reports.

Where did you find out about yours Kev3_sole? Via recommendation?

Often Dads have asked about using an Independent Social Worker (ISW) to get an independent social worker assessment of their own (which can prove Parental Alienation and be used as evidence in court). When I tried to find an ISW it was nigh on impossible. So linking this organisation which provides these services.

If anyone uses them, please give feedback :)

Child and Family Solutions ISW
Aspire family

Do you have a link? I could only see Aspire Family mediation services.

Hi All,
My partner had court today.
Asked judge to order using C&F Solutions. As mother adamantly said no it couldn't be ordered. But, as this situation is so far down the road now he said he can order the appointment of using a guardian for the children who may recommend using C&F Solutions or a psychologist.
So to conclude, it's not simple to try and request using an ISW if other party (most likely) refuses.

It may depend on circumstances and the type of hearing. It it was a separate part 25 application, I don't think the Mother's agreement is necessary. As it was a directions hearing it may be it needs to be by agreement. Now what I've heard of that kind of thing before, a Judge can pressurise a Mother to agree in various ways, but the outcome sounds positive anyway.

I paid child and family solutions £180 for the referral fee. They then told me I require court permission to share documents with them. In court the mother refused this request so it was stopped in its tracks. I contacted Child and Family Solutions to ask if I could have a refund as I believe I should have been given this information beforehand. The response was that they are sorry that the website doesn’t inform of this and they will take it on board. £180 down and to be honest I feel scammed. I would not recommend them at all.

I paid child and family solutions £180 for the referral fee. They then told me I require court permission to share documents with them. In court the mother refused this request so it was stopped in its tracks. I contacted Child and Family Solutions to ask if I could have a refund as I believe I should have been given this information beforehand. The response was that they are sorry that the website doesn’t inform of this and they will take it on board. £180 down and to be honest I feel scammed. I would not recommend them at all.

I'm considering taking a pop at them to get my £180 back by issuing a claim in the small claims court if they still refuse to refund it after a letter before action once children's act proceedings have been concluded.

I made time of the essence in my dealings with them and they clearly breached that. It's not that difficult to do money claim online. It's whether I want the hassle.

You could argue unjust enrichment, that they have been unjustly enriched at your expense by failing to disclose you would need a court order in order for them to be able to carry out what they contractually agreed to do.

I don't think they should be doing what they are doing and it should be dealt with under consumer protection regulations, but trading standards are usually pretty useless at getting involved in anything. And I would expect particularly so where father's are disproportionately impacted.

That’s why I didn’t pay the £180 as they wouldn’t give anything advice at all over the phone.

They very much seam to want your money first then they will offer advice but I certainly didn’t know they would need a court order to even look into whether they could help.

I do believe they are very good at what they do though it’s more a case of them expecting people to pay £180 before they will do anything including offering advice etc which I find a bit off.

Hardest part is to go to a court and ask for an ISW they expect you to have details etc of the one you would like to use which for CFS is impossible as they won’t give you anything not even cv’s unless you already have the court order.

I was lucky as Ash found someone relatively close to me who had a very good cv and she was willing to send everything cv costs time frames etc for me to submit to court ahead of hearing.

Maybe have an independent one to submit but also mention to court that you would approach CFS aswell if they are going to order an ISW.

Reactions: Ash
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back