Guest viewing is limited

Independent Social Worker organisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Administrator
Staff member
Admin and Moderator
Often Dads have asked about using an Independent Social Worker (ISW) to get an independent social worker assessment of their own (which can prove Parental Alienation and be used as evidence in court). When I tried to find an ISW it was nigh on impossible. So linking this organisation which provides these services.

If anyone uses them, please give feedback :)

Child and Family Solutions ISW

Last edited:
Don’t know. I can’t imagine it would be cheap though. Last time I enquired about an ISW elsewhere a report was going to be about a thousand pounds. But that place wouldn’t work with individuals.

I just remember a Dad proving PA after having and ISW report he paid for and bypassing Cafcass as a result and getting a change of residency.

I wonder how many people have used this and what the benefits were .
It's definitely an interesting option and possibly something to keep in mind

Reactions: Ash
I've contacted them. It's £180 referral fee for them to provide a framework and CVs of social workers.
They have practitioners over whole of UK and can do home visits or us other venues.
I asked them what can be done if other party refuses to use them and they said all they can advise is to apply through court.

Thanks for sharing. That looks really interesting.
I was thinking was there a way to get an independent report seeing as the mother (in my case) has heavily influenced social services who are producing reports without even talking to the father, let alone seeing the father with the child.

I might reach out to them.

Thanks for sharing. That looks really interesting.
I was thinking was there a way to get an independent report seeing as the mother (in my case) has heavily influenced social services who are producing reports without even talking to the father, let alone seeing the father with the child.

I might reach out to them.

I've had a similar experience with a children's service . I thought they were starting to believe me but recently one of their members told me id said something to them over the phone about something which has never ever happened and there's no way I'd say it has because it shows me in a bad light .
This is straight after speaking to my ex once again so I'm not sure what to do , it's unsettling .

I've contacted them. It's £180 referral fee for them to provide a framework and CVs of social workers.
They have practitioners over whole of UK and can do home visits or us other venues.
I asked them what can be done if other party refuses to use them and they said all they can advise is to apply through court.
Did you pay the £180 referral?

It's unclear how much their services are after that initial referral.

Awaiting their reply to pay it and get a quote and plan.
I'm assuming their prices may be £125-£150 based on similar organisations.
Don't quote me on that though.

They promised to send me CV's over a week ago.

Asked repeatedly. Still don't have them.

How can I make arrangements / an informed decision in the child's best interests when I'm not getting the information and still have no idea what the various options would cost.

Happy to speak to mother on phone and stated they've arranged to do so. Said they don't have time to speak to me on phone. Doesn't seem very reasonable / balanced.

They stated they are national and have people who can assist with supervised contact, but then when I eventually get the information to me over a week later it turns out the closest person is a 2-3 hour drive away (bearing in mind a return journey would make it in the region of 4-6 hours travelling time). And cost for mileage/travelling time would be huge. Then I'm not getting CV's / cost / location for other options that may cost less on travelling time.

Last edited:
Did you need to pay the referral fee before they would send cv's? Maybe they are particularly busy right now. To be honest if they work nationwide then people will need to travel 2 to 3 hours I expect if they're based in one part of the country mainly. IME travel time isn't usually charged very highly (with barristers anyway) and may be included in the fee. It maybe depends as well if they feel the case is suitable for their expertise etc.

Yes and still not recieved CV's.

Time was of the essence in the referral. If they are particularly busy, don't accept the referral and don't say they can do it. Then at the last minute try to funnel me into the most expensive option and refuse to provide me CV's / details of less expensive staff who can supervise.

Travel time is charged extremely highly. As is the pence per mile.

I could have made alternative arrangements in the child's bests interests.

That's disappointing to hear. Surely it doesn't take long to email a cv. So you were given different options of levels of people with different cvs' to choose from?

Yes, how long does it take to attach CV's to an email. No, I was told I would be given different levels of people and different CV's to chose from and their location so I could work out a rough cost. But that has never been provided.

I was given bare minimum support worker £x per hour, senior support worker £x per hour, social worker £x per hour. Then travelling time cost for each and pence per mile.

But that tells me nothing because I was repeatedly promised CV's and never get them. So I can't work out if they're based in Scotland or Cornwall or Wales and work out a rough cost for the various options.

No options, no CV's as promised. Just given the most expensive option at close to last minute that would be 6 hour travelling time on top of the time to supervise. I have never been provided with any options for a support worker or senior support worker or any CV's for them.

And told at last minute they won't be able to do the day I asked over a week ago now anway.

Not happy, because I could have made alternative arrangements for supervised contact to take place on that date. And they've only told me at last minute, so now it's too late to do it for that date.

Could I honestly say I think it would be a good idea for other father's to put themselves in this position and play into hand's of ex and her solicitor with delaying tactics. No, absolutely not, I can't.

My partner paid the fee. Then told he either needs permission from court to share documents (orders, cafcass reports etc) or agreement with other parent. Still waiting for court to give permission.
Child and family solutions should have said this beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back