Guest viewing is limited

Ignoring orders

Joe Soap

Cutting a very long story short, does anyone have direct experience of what happens when older children have simply ignored court orders and gone to live where they like?

Yes. My son moved in with me when he was 15 and a half. Mainly because his Mother wasn't following the court order and trying to keep him away. I was all a bit traumatic though at the time.

Yes. My son moved in with me when he was 15 and a half. Mainly because his Mother wasn't following the court order and trying to keep him away. I was all a bit traumatic though at the time.
What happened in the end please?

He's still living here. What is your situation? Just wondering why you were asking. Do you have older children? Are you getting to see them?

I have been through an absolute living hell. My children hardly saw me for a really long time, even though I was never in trouble with the cops or anything. They eventually just came to live with me and have been here a fair while now. Ex is trying everything to force them back to her (literally everything), but they say they are much happier with me and are never going back. They see ex a lot and are happy enough with that, but she wants them full time and me gone from their life. Seems like nobody can force older children to live somewhere against their will if I have got that right. Final hearing is approaching and I'm wondering what will happen...

How old are they? If they're already living with you, just wondering why there's a final hearing. Did your ex apply to court when they moved in with you? Has there been a Section 7 and childrens wishes heard? Depending on their ages, it's almost pointless having a court case if they are 15 or over as no one can tell them where to live or enforce any orders at those ages.

Hi Ash it would take pages to explain and I am worried about saying too much in case my ex reads it. I think you are right though, nobody can make them go back to her against their will.

Back