Guest viewing is limited

First hearing, tips and advice please?

If you're getting suicidal thoughts then you do need more help. Have you been to your GP? You might need antidepressants. If you get those feelings, don't hesitate to contact the Samaritans, any time. They can help.

The number is 116 123

Spoken to my solicitor and we are going to argue for supervised contact as up until the end of the relationship, there was no issues with me looking after our daughter or any of these so called allegations. Everything came about after the relationship ended.
Did the allegations emerge after the C100 was submitted and both parties notified that it was accepted and in flight?

I can't see if you have started this but did you attend Mediation or was this skipped as you have alleged abuse?

Why are the police so reluctant to help men out who have been abused and who face false allegations? Has anyone else had this problem?
If you have been abused then the Men's DV charities such as Men Kind can help with navigating the system, I think you're already in touch with them or another charity - how is that progressing?

I am trying my hardest to not let things affect me, but it’s all very overwhelming somedays and I find it hard to cope.
This is inevitable & normal, your child has gone from having a wonderfully involved father to not seeing you - you want to be there to provide security & comfort to her in what is already a challenging situation and she is being denied this.

That has impacted us all and we cope through distraction, the best types of which can be physical exercise and exposure to nature & the outdoors, walks etc which can help the feelings of anxiety.

As I said I am getting support, but somedays it isn’t enough. I would never turn to drugs or alcohol, it’s more the thoughts of suicide and self harming that I am plagued with day in and day out. I’m not sleeping or eating either.

Thank you

Remember, you're in a system, it's a maze, sometimes you may feel you're going backwards but EVERY DAY, EVERY SINGLE STEP you take is ACTUALLY MOVING YOU CLOSER to be reunited with your daughter

You have to navigate a system that isn't designed to be helpful & has a number of flaws & sometimes moving through it can feel counterintuitive.

You face the types of allegations many fathers have received and overcome.

At every step, keep coming in the site, going to support, talking to Samaritans as you already are - remember if they pickup and you're not quite connecting with the call handler, disconnect & redial, you'll get a different person.

Your daughter is waiting for you, she is adaptable and will come through the process a lot easier than you, focus on yourself and your journey, you will see her again in the future

🫶 🫂 ❤️

Back