Guest viewing is limited

first hearing and final hearing results! there is hope for all! my story

gurmukh1985

Founder Member
hi all (october 2020)
i have for months and months been reading and re reading and then READING AGAIN posts and stories on here and i cannot begin to tell you how much of a reassurance it has been to hear there are other fathers out there in similar situations.

abit about my case:

i left my wife who is the usual controlling, narcissist, always plays the victim, dominant feminist. we have two children together 4 and a 2 year old and they are my absolute world. i left my wife because i could not and would not want to be with such a negative horrible woman who always brought me down and believed she was a victim. i did not want my children to grow up thinking thats ok and for their father to be constantly be belittled, constantly sworn at infront of the children enough was enough. i left and somemonths later i found the love of my life and obviously this was a huge issue for my ex. anyways i continued to see my children and have them overnight every bi weekly this i had to fight for. their mother has played the abuse card how she suffered domestic violence from myself and my family (aint going to lie i would love to have smashed that old goats teeth in after the disgusting things shes accused me of but the truth is ive never laid a finger on her and the universe has served her some humble pie now).

i applied to court after mediation brokedown. ex claimed the mediator was impartial and that she was not being listened to....more victim card here. i then submitted my C100 to courts for a 50/50 custody and also a change of school for the children. this is when things took a new twist. she got social workers involved the day i submitted my court application and claimed my daughter said i slapped her. ex also claimed domestic abuse and that i passed out naked infront of my daughter and she did not know if i had done something with her......just writing that makes me still feel so angry that a mother could accuse a father of such a disgusting untrue act for her own selfish gains. Cafcass became involved and i was interviewed. obviously there was nothing for me to worry about and i openly and fully engaged with them. they had to submit a safeguarding letter to the courts before the first hearing with their findings and to say the report was absolutely glowing in my favour is an understatement. Cafcass had advised there was no risk what so ever to the children having observed them in my home and that the animosity was between the parents. Cafcass stated in the report that there was no further need for them to be involved and invited the courts to decide on the outcome. Cafcass also stated the children love spending time with both parents and the contact with the father needs to continue.

court hearing ex solicitor tried to say the report needs to be done again for some reason and the FEMALE judge shot the solicitor down and said "no the report has already been done theres no need to waste time the professional body cafcass have already stated there is no risk to the children in the care of both parents so theres no further reason for a further report to be done. further more cafcass in their report have stated there is no need for a fact finding report to be done in this instance." ex solicitor then claimed the cafcass officer had emailed the ex as the cafcass officer believed she was a victim of domestic violence and that this email may have not been seen by cafcass which could have changed the report. i advised the judge i have never been charged formally for any offence of violence and that the ex claims are fabricated lies and if she wanted to she could go to the police for them to investigate and that it cannot be considered in this case. the judge agreed fully and also advised the solicitor the same cafcass officer they said had emailed the ex was the same officer who has done the report and stated theres no abuse to the children.

the judge overrulled all allegations and has set a date for a final hearing which i am over the moon about. it will mean evidence will now be submitted as to why the school move is in the best interest of the children and that is no issues for me i know i am going to get this school moved because its better for the children no issues there. the judge has already entertained the idea of me getting 50/50 which was stated at the start of the process. but this is the cream on the cake, at the end of the hearing the judge praised me for wanting to be in the childrens lives and its lovely to see that i enjoy spending time with them and obvious to see how devoted to the children i am from the reports they received and from speaking to me!!!!! i am not going to lye this in it self was a blessing to hear.

although nothing has been settled yet im feeling over the moon that her lies and deception of being a self proclaimed victim is not fooling the courts. i wanted to share my stories to give people the belief that the truth will always prevail.

keep the faith believe in what you are doing and believe in the love you have for your children. this is not about hurting my ex its about my rights as a father and no one stopping me seing and spending as much time as i can with my two children. the marriage may have broke down but thats not the fault of the children and they have a right to have both parents in their lives.

stay positive believe in the universe what will be will be. i shal update my final hearing in february

APRIL 2021

so everyone if you read my previous thread sub; "first hearing done" you will know my case went straight for a final hearing.

the past two years have been extremely difficult. ive had accusations of domestic violence and abuse, ive had the ex insinuate that i had supposedly done things to my daughter who is 5. i had cafcass investigate. all this happened before my initial hearing. thankfully everyone saw through my ex lies and the truth was simple in that i did none of anything she accused me of. on the initial hearing that was all put to bed and as there was no S7 report needed the cafcass officer said she had zero concerns of the kids in my care and invited the courts to decide.

i wanted 50/50 shared live with order but more importantly a school change for my daughter to be closer to me and for my son to also attend the nursery next to my daughters new proposed school. not one person gave me any confidence that i could get school changed. i was constantly told by anyone with a mouth basically that a school change is not looked upon favourably by the courts and the courts do not like to disrupt a childs learning. so for me to try and get a school change during an academic term felt impossible. But there was something in me which made me believe again in why i was fighting for this. that if the courts really do what they say and have the interests of the children at thr front of their decision that i would want a justification as to why the school change and 50/50 was not possible. when i spoke to my barrister she did say it would be extremely difficult as the kids are part way through the year and even then the courts rarely move childrens schools. i believed in the reasons why it was necessary and the judge was there to be convinced.

i prepared all my facts and figures and presented my fight to the courts for my children. if i was to get 50% the judge would then need to also grant the school change which was where the challenge stood. if the school change was not granted i knew i would not be able to get the shared care.

but

the facts and my pure fighting spirit and belief in doing this for my children paid off. after 6 hours in a court 20th April 2021 i was granted everything i asked for. i was granted 50/50 shared live with order so no more paying the ex £400 per month maintenance. i was granted more importantly the school change for my daughter and my son to where i live! ive also got standard half holidays and the ex has had a very bitter pill to swallow. i fought for my children and i won.

i have read alot on this forum and want to say a big thank you to everyone. your stories have given me strength when i was down, i have not met or seen any of you but there are people in this forum who have given so much advise to people you are heros in my eyes and support people like me who where broken and supported my journey without even knowing it.

i will continue to always check in on this site and if anyone wishes to message me for anything or adivse or any questions please dont feel afraid to ask. one thing i will say is always get your facts right, get your fight ready inside and keep a vision of the future in your mind the future being your children. i would also recommend using a good barrister even though im not rich i had to fork out on a barrister that cost me £5k for the day but she tore my ex and her barrister a new A hole. money well spent.

for now again thank you to those people who have given me strength i send you nothing but positive energy and love.

kind regards
from a dad who feels his worth again

stay strong

i want as many people to see my story and take strength just like i did reading other people experiences when i was going through my case. the other site is now attracting junk flooding due to the non existence of admin there, this site already feels better managed

Well done. Great read whilst i am currently awaiting my final hearing

I'm at the very start of this process and this has given me some hope. I'm starting to get the smaller allegations but have been warned by friends that these allegations will continue to escalate. Thank you so much for sharing. I needed to hear this

APRIL 2021

so everyone if you read my previous thread sub; "first hearing done" you will know my case went straight for a final hearing.

the past two years have been extremely difficult. ive had accusations of domestic violence and abuse, ive had the ex insinuate that i had supposedly done things to my daughter who is 5. i had cafcass investigate. all this happened before my initial hearing. thankfully everyone saw through my ex lies and the truth was simple in that i did none of anything she accused me of. on the initial hearing that was all put to bed and as there was no S7 report needed the cafcass officer said she had zero concerns of the kids in my care and invited the courts to decide.

i wanted 50/50 shared live with order but more importantly a school change for my daughter to be closer to me and for my son to also attend the nursery next to my daughters new proposed school. not one person gave me any confidence that i could get school changed. i was constantly told by anyone with a mouth basically that a school change is not looked upon favourably by the courts and the courts do not like to disrupt a childs learning. so for me to try and get a school change during an academic term felt impossible. But there was something in me which made me believe again in why i was fighting for this. that if the courts really do what they say and have the interests of the children at thr front of their decision that i would want a justification as to why the school change and 50/50 was not possible. when i spoke to my barrister she did say it would be extremely difficult as the kids are part way through the year and even then the courts rarely move childrens schools. i believed in the reasons why it was necessary and the judge was there to be convinced.

i prepared all my facts and figures and presented my fight to the courts for my children. if i was to get 50% the judge would then need to also grant the school change which was where the challenge stood. if the school change was not granted i knew i would not be able to get the shared care.

but

the facts and my pure fighting spirit and belief in doing this for my children paid off. after 6 hours in a court 20th April 2021 i was granted everything i asked for. i was granted 50/50 shared live with order so no more paying the ex £400 per month maintenance. i was granted more importantly the school change for my daughter and my son to where i live! ive also got standard half holidays and the ex has had a very bitter pill to swallow. i fought for my children and i won.

i have read alot on this forum and want to say a big thank you to everyone. your stories have given me strength when i was down, i have not met or seen any of you but there are people in this forum who have given so much advise to people you are heros in my eyes and support people like me who where broken and supported my journey without even knowing it.

i will continue to always check in on this site and if anyone wishes to message me for anything or adivse or any questions please dont feel afraid to ask. one thing i will say is always get your facts right, get your fight ready inside and keep a vision of the future in your mind the future being your children. i would also recommend using a good barrister even though im not rich i had to fork out on a barrister that cost me £5k for the day but she tore my ex and her barrister a new A hole. money well spent.

for now again thank you to those people who have given me strength i send you nothing but positive energy and love.

kind regards
from a dad who feels his worth again

stay strong
Love reading this, I'm currently at the start of my journey, I have my cafcass call on Monday which I'm nervous about, everything I'm reading is saying don't accuse her of things and keep it child focused and I get that, my problem is that if I don't tell them things that she's done wrong how can I say I have concerns about my children living with her, obviously she's not going to tell them how she's treated us over the years so I have to, any advice on dealing with cafcass would be very much appreciated, I have had others help on here which is great but trying to gather as much info as possible

Absolutely over the Moon for you.

Hope you stick around to encourage others of the possibilities that a tenacious mind can achieve.

Only the Churchill spirit will do; “We will never surrender.”

Love reading this, I'm currently at the start of my journey, I have my cafcass call on Monday which I'm nervous about, everything I'm reading is saying don't accuse her of things and keep it child focused and I get that, my problem is that if I don't tell them things that she's done wrong how can I say I have concerns about my children living with her, obviously she's not going to tell them how she's treated us over the years so I have to, any advice on dealing with cafcass would be very much appreciated, I have had others help on here which is great but trying to gather as much info as possible
Any accusations or negativity you put into cafcass call will only delay the process. The way my solicitor said to deal with this was to leave that for another time and report to social services but leave it out of cafcass call to get to court asap

Any accusations or negativity you put into cafcass call will only delay the process. The way my solicitor said to deal with this was to leave that for another time and report to social services but leave it out of cafcass call to get to court asap
really? my solicitor has advised to tell cafcass what the wife is really like, making it more likely i will get custody? why would that delay things even more?

really? my solicitor has advised to tell cafcass what the wife is really like, making it more likely i will get custody? why would that delay things even more?
as depending on your accusations they would adjourn the hearing and do a section 7 report. This could take a while but if the situation is that bad and you feel it worth it then do what you feel is right.

Back