Guest viewing is limited

FHDR

Saddad

Hi All,

If you've read my previous posts, I was waiting for my gatekeeping hearing, which has now gone to a FHDR on 25th May.

I've been asked to prep a statement by next Friday for submission to court.

Does anyone have any tips with this statement?

Thanks

Reactions: Ash
I had my FHDR today and it was really positive, so thought I'd share my story.

I had my barrister and solicitor with me, in hindsight I wouldn't have had the solicitor there as she only took notes and kept me talking as barrister negotiated.

I was advised to arrive an hour beforehand so got there then.

There's no safeguarding or wellbeing issues, this is literally the ex dictating to me.

My barrister was highly critical of her, saying her statement stinks of "I am the mother I am in control". She kept repeating to me it's not the 1950s and also referred to this point in the hearing and in negotiations with her barrister.

Without going into too much detail, my barrister lambasted her in the hearing and even read text messages she's sent where she's lying to the school about things. The legal advisor at the other end of the desk was agreeing with my barrister that the magistrates won't take too kindly to her dictator style. My ex was clearly upset and angry and her barrister couldn't get a word in at all really. My ex's arguement is weak and her barrister had no comeback on any of the points at all raised by mine and anything her barrister raised were quickly quashed with no come back at all.

I'm excited for the final hearing and it can't come soon enough. Don't give up hope guys. One thing I've learnt from this hearing alone is get a good barrister as I would have hated to have had hers who didn't have much experience at all really.

Sounds like a good barrister :). It doesn't seem right but ultimately if your barrister is better than hers at final hearing you get the best order. I guess that's because it's an adversarial system.

Back